corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What size of thread is on the adjuster on the gearbox end of the clutch cable on a Corsa XE?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What size of thread is on the adjuster on the gearbox end of the clutch cable on a Corsa XE?
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
9th Mar 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. The nut or whatever it is that was there came off while sitting in traffic yesterday so I tried to replace it - but an M6 is too small and an M8's too big. I've tried a 1/4'' UNC nut which attempts to start but obviously doesn't fit.

Anyone able to shed some light?
davieslim

9th Mar 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id have just bought another clutch cable lol

i might have a spare clutch cable lying about, is it the nylon bolt or the metal lock nut on it?
alan-g-w

9th Mar 10 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye mate I'm afraid it's not that easy when you're in the middle of Renfield Street in rush hour when it pops lol. I've got a master bodge going on with a pipe clamp just now cos I can't find a nut to fit the fucking thread.

It's the gearbox end with the 3-4'' piece of threaded bar that connects to the clutch lever. It's been a wee bit hard to get into gear and it's obviously because the nut's got to the end of the bar and flew off.

New Poll