corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B SXi Streetbasser

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B SXi Streetbasser
Sly boogie :D

User status: Offline
   15th Mar 10 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, this is my new car, although had this one a while now and actually done some work on it before i posted a blog! lol.

Bought it for £212 at auction, written off as a Cat C with front end damage. Had a full irmscher kit on it when i bought it but needed a bumper, bonnet, wings, headlights and slam panel.

So obviously the first thing to do was find a donor car in silver, giving me the panels in the right colour. I spotted a rear damaged Breeze in silver, snapped it up for £150. I had to sell parts of the bodykit to pay for it sadly (front splitter and skirts ) but i now have a frond end again, spent a day in the rain with my mate fitting all the panels lol. Also had to rip the alarm out as i never got the fob to disable it So thats now out, need to solder up a couple of wires then thats fixed, also took half the interior out in the process so gotta jigsaw all that back in lol! While the interior trims out i've started spraying the cente console and speedo trim (didnt want to go ott). So heres some pics to bring you upto speed:

Damage:

Sides And Rear:

Nicely wired 6x9's for me lol

Pain in my bottom alarm:

Became this:

Then after a whole day in the rain i finished up with this:

That brings us pretty much up to date. I'm booking the VIC check on monday (not sure when it will go on but im booking it monday) followed by the MOT once it passes the VIC check. I will be having my mates dad weld in a new slam panel as at the moment the one in there is still bent (less so but still) and now i cant get the bonnet up lol! Only other things is i fitted a debadged grill and i've painted the clock trim and will be doing the rest later Just then gotta piece the interior together!

Other plans commencing would be my ICE. Got an Alpine CDA-9885r HU with a 30Gb iPod Video for the source. Will be running a pair of amped SPL Dynamics SD-6.2 components in custom door builds, and a pair of JBL GT5-15 subs in a 7 cube ported box tuned to 30Hz on an Alpine MRP-M850 monoblock. Yes, the box will take all my boot lol, so much so i've still got to decide where to fit the amps! And they're not the smallest ones i could've picked either lol! Spare wheel looks like its finding a new home! Will put a small update tonigth when i've done this clock trim
basslinecorsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Mar 10 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow , are you sure the box will be big enough for two 15's ? I had to rip out the back seats of mine to run two 12's

Love the irmscher kit , that was worth more than you paid for the whole car

Project Scarlett - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=661417

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B SXi Streetbasser 24 database queries in 0.0121400 seconds