corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Rear Passenger Door on my Leon

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Rear Passenger Door on my Leon
Ludacris Turbo

User status: Offline
19th Mar 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got my car back from a Seat Dealers Bodyshop after having the passenger rear door replaced. It was an insurance job after some old giffer reveresed into me and put a dint into it!
Now the problem is not with the paint work as I think they've done a good job blending the red in. The problem is with the actual door itself! If you 'tap' the door it sounds very tinny and not solid like the other 3 doors? Do you think they have forgot to put some sound deading in or something like that? Also the electric window mechanism now sounds loud now compared to the other 3 windows?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Liam

19th Mar 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back to them, and tell them your concerns. Or ring the insurance company and tell them you arn't happy with the repair job, listing the reasons above?
ajscorsa

19th Mar 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your well within your rights to take it back mate. Thats why you pay for your insurance
Toby
Premium Member

19th Mar 10 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the garage wont be bothered as they will get paid for the extra time etc and your insurance company will tell you to take it back as they are not paying
Tomnova16
Premium Member

19th Mar 10 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have probably forgotten to put the sound deadening pad in and not put a new mambrane in, the plastic seal behind the door card

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Dan.H

19th Mar 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
well the garage wont be bothered as they will get paid for the extra time etc and your insurance company will tell you to take it back as they are not paying

garage wont be paid anymore if they have to rectify a problem sounds like they have missed the sound deading tbh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Rear Passenger Door on my Leon 23 database queries in 0.1839988 seconds