corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prime Minister Daveys fantastic idea to help the benefit system.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Prime Minister Daveys fantastic idea to help the benefit system.
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres my plan!

Instead of giving people on benefits cash why not give them all a debit card that can only be used to buy food and essentials, there could be an allocated percentage that can be withdrawn for cash but all cards can be put into any cash point to check the ballance or it can be checked online.

This will stop people from spending their benefit money on shite and encourage them to get a fooking job so they can work to earn money to buy luxuries like the rest of us have to!

Also major supermarkets should be encouraged to subsidise the scheme by saying they will be added to the list of allowed places of purchase if they put 5p into every £1 etc.

Brilliant idea?

Vote davey for Prime Minister !

[Edited on 23-03-2010 by DaveyLC]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Mar 10 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

23rd Mar 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prime minister.

you made a bad start.
Neo

23rd Mar 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF I dont think its such a bad idea

The local scum round here who have been out of work 9+ months just spend their JSA on Weed and snacks !
Root

it's a good idea but some things you need cash and are not strictly necessities, like haircuts.

I'm claiming JSA at the minute but unlike most, I'm willing to work and have been looking every single day, several hours a day for work, I've even offered myself for the "trial work" scheme they have now, you work for free for the people but still get paid the same amount from JSA and if they like you, they take you on.

It's a good idea for people who want to get jobs but for all the smackheads and scum that would rather be on £2,400 per year (under 25), it's not.

Something needs to be done about it because it's ridiculous, but some people are unemployable, they're twitching all the time, they talk like cunts etc.

Maybe send your idea to Mr. Brown lol
Paul_J

To be fair, he's got a point...

The amount of people on benefits I see who have lovely flat screen televisions and sky dishes.

huh? these are luxuries. Why should someone who doesn't work have a luxury?
Root

23rd Mar 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know most of the scum do steal and other things like this anyway, even when claiming £2400 a year or whatever.

But, I've thought of a hole in your plan Davey, if you take away their benefits, which they use to buy drugs, they will find other ways to get that money, by stealing etc
Neo

23rd Mar 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That by itself could be an entire seperate debate.

A friend of ours is living with his girlfriend and their kid, neither have ever worked a day in their life, she's 18 and goes to college 2 days a week, he stays at home and looks after their kid.

Neither will ever get a job as they have all their rent (bar £50) paid for, they only pay gas and leccy and seem to have enough money to get stoned every night, spend friday in the pub, feed themselves and their kid, sky, ps3 etc etc etc

Whereas I work 45+ hours a week and I couldn't afford to bring up a kid atm !
C2RL R

23rd Mar 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has been talked about before but as Mr Root says it wont work because people need cash for things. they could combine it though and maybe give them half their benefits on a charge card that can only be spent at certain places. then the other bit as cash in their bank.
Bonney

23rd Mar 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only problem with this is having the Human rights do gooders saying it infringes their right to having a normal life.
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 10 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root

Something needs to be done about it because it's ridiculous, but some people are unemployable, they're twitching all the time, they talk like cunts etc.

I'll be if the choices were death or working they would pick Column B!
Neo

I dont see how saying "we are giving you £140 to last 2 weeks, of this, £100 can only be spent using the debit card and you can withdraw the final £40 as cash" is going to stop people living a normal life
DaveyLC

quote:
I know most of the scum do steal and other things like this anyway, even when claiming £2400 a year or whatever.

But, I've thought of a hole in your plan Davey, if you take away their benefits, which they use to buy drugs, they will find other ways to get that money, by stealing etc

Whack them straight in prison, and make sure the prisons give the bare minimum required to survive.
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
it has been talked about before but as Mr Root says it wont work because people need cash for things. they could combine it though and maybe give them half their benefits on a charge card that can only be spent at certain places. then the other bit as cash in their bank.

Read my post again..

They can withdraw cash but only a percentage of the payments are available in cash.
Ojc

User status: Online
23rd Mar 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put them in ghettos, if they don't want to work they can live isolated from the rest of us.
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Put them in ghettos, if they don't want to work they can live isolated from the rest of us.

Ben G

23rd Mar 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like jews in germany back in the day?
C2RL R

23rd Mar 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry i got distracted by the Priminister part...
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fixed lol
Root

23rd Mar 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There will be some people that go "I lost my card". "here's a new one". "i lost it", to try get around the system.

Right now though, when you sign on at the JSA center, they are not tough enough, they go "have you been looking for work?", "where have you been looking?", and that's about it.

When my mum was pregnant with me and the JSA were quite strict, she went in there, waited around all day like you had to then and they wasn't going to give her any money to literally survive when she has 8 months pregnant with me. And nowadays they just take tax money and throw it at all the scum that have been receiving benefits for years and years and not contributed a taxed penny.
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
There will be some people that go "I lost my card". "here's a new one". "i lost it", to try get around the system.

If you lose your card you can't access your 'account' until you get a new one.. Just like the rest of us if we lose our debit cards?
Root

23rd Mar 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

If you lose your card you can't access your 'account' until you get a new one.. Just like the rest of us if we lose our debit cards?

This will have to be explained to the toerags, unlike now when they don't have a bank account so get a "giro" instead. lol
DaveyLC

23rd Mar 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

This will have to be explained to the toerags, unlike now when they don't have a bank account so get a "giro" instead. lol

It wouldnt be a case of explaining or choice, you like it or you lump it. If you want money your way then you get off your fucking lazy arse and earn it.
Root

23rd Mar 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but that's not the way of today's world. People have to be told things, pointed in the right way because the government assume most people are thick, and most of them are.

You'd have to explain it when setting it up in some form of agreement that if you lose it you have to apply for a new card which may take a few days and there is no alternative payment.
Root

23rd Mar 10 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and anyway, besides the fact some people like to sit on their arse and do nothing about unemployment, they pay too much money to them. It's £50 per week to under 25's and £65 per week to over 25's. On top of that, they can get their accommodation payed for, council tax, some bills, etc. So the £50 is basically for food, which is plenty to buy affordable food and named brand products. They need to assess each individual (cost more money to do this but it will save money overall) and their circumstances and give them enough to get by and no more to spend on crack or whatever.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prime Minister Daveys fantastic idea to help the benefit system. 22 database queries in 0.1992021 seconds