corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cars arse pain in....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cars arse pain in....
Twitch

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i know my way around a car pretty well ( IMO ) even tho its pretty much all self taught or just shown a few basics but my god when trying to sort a car out for a M.O.T on your drive when all you have is a socket set older than you a shitty car jack that comes with a car to change a spare and a halfords set of screw drivers. Its well.. its a fucking mission. on a plus side tho end of this week car should be M.O.T'd and on the roads
nathy_87

24th Mar 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that colour?

buy all new equipment before starting any job.
GF-91
Banned

24th Mar 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool.
Twitch

24th Mar 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes that colour. haha my car so i thought i'd do it how i like it xD its an... aquired taste hehe.

Would love to buy some tools but funds are low. i would of prefered to just get a garage to do it really but had to get the parts and work out how to do it myself. so far all seems good. tracking was a pain to get stright but it will make it to M.O.T center now xD. last few bits are to make the wiper legal as it sits in the middle and to weld up the cat which has a nice hole in it ^_^. funny thing is once its got an M.O.T im putting new engine in with all new cat so didnt really wanna go pay for a new one ^_^
sc0ott

24th Mar 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since you are working on your car just now, go and find out this for me.

the drivers seat, take out the head rest, fold the seat down and move it forward as far as it can go.

you should see the subframe, along with the bolt (on the gearbox side) holding the seat down. there are two holes, one at either side.

take a drill and make a hole in your floor (put the drill through the hole in the subframe that is closest to the rear seats) and tell me where about under the car this comes out.

[Edited on 24-03-2010 by sc0ott]
Corsa_Sport21

24th Mar 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still having bother with yours Scott??Put something through the hole youve drilled and look for it underneath.
sc0ott

24th Mar 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, done that already. infact i can see where the bolt next to it sticks out so you would think it would be straight foward. the drill peice is bigger than the bolt as well and still no sign of it under the car.

[Edited on 24-03-2010 by sc0ott]
Corsa_Sport21

24th Mar 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you drilled right through??Whats next to the original bolt??
sc0ott

24th Mar 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye the drill goes right down till it hits the frame. is there no some sort of material that protects the metal underneath? it could be because the frames sit higher up than the floor where your feet are
sc0ott

24th Mar 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

underneath theres nothing next to the bolt.
Corsa_Sport21

24th Mar 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might just be going down and not coming through the chassis.Longer drill bit needed.Or try drill the old bolt out.
sc0ott

24th Mar 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye thats what i was thinking. probably try and get a long thin metal pole and poke it through. jack up the car and drill from underneath. but then the bolt holding the seat down isnt that big.
Corsa_Sport21

24th Mar 10 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye thats what confusing me,you would see the chassis next to the original bolt.If its pretty level all round the original bolt then i cant see how you would'nt see the new hole.
Twitch

24th Mar 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh i would of thought that you either havent made it all the way through or its come out maybe above the subframe so you wont see it just from looking under neath?
sc0ott

24th Mar 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could see me having problems tightening it as well.
got brake pads. just need to fix this handbrake cable. probably just take the rear wheels off and spray the fuck out of it with wd40. if that doesnt work then probably just get a new one fitted.
Twitch

24th Mar 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like you have same problems as me. i needed to fix my car i knew what was wrong but didnt know how to do it so just started taking shit apart lol.
sc0ott

24th Mar 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got all the help i need but its the wee things i can easily change or fix.

nik, tried drilling the old bolt out last night but i snapped the drill peice, lol.
FAZ
Premium Member

24th Mar 10 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha knw the feeling, bog standard simple tool, and a misison todo 2 front shocks haha xx

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cars arse pain in.... 22 database queries in 0.2828250 seconds