corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » job interview via phone

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author job interview via phone
Root

User status: Offline
26th Mar 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After being registered on the good old dole for 3 weeks today, got my first interview today.
It's a customer based position, I think it'll be similar to call centers although I'm not entirely sure to be honest.

It's 114 miles away in Leicestershire but I'm prepared to travel, that's how much I want a job

It's a screening, so it'll be over the phone. I'm just quite nervous, the only other job I've had before where I've had to handle customers and stuff was at somerfield, a retail store. Just unsure about what they're going to ask me and such. Any help guys?
Twitch

26th Mar 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phone interviews aren't that bad i've had a few befor. you relax pretty quick and they just ask you a few questions
RichR
Premium Member

26th Mar 10 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

228miles a day, foOk that for a game - I do 70 a day on a normal day or so and a total of 500-600 a week and it drives me crackers; really hate it.
Root

26th Mar 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if I get the job, with my car being in it's current state I get 26mpg, so I'd have to get a diesel to make any money whatsoever.

The important thing to think about is it's a job, it's getting me out the shitter, off the JSA and back into work, it's also going to be a reference because I fucked that up when I left my previous job with no notice.
corsa_paz

26th Mar 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

114miles away

I'm from leicester and call centre jobs are everywhere here..money is pretty crap TBH

Telephone interview - they will more than likely be seeing how well you speak, tone, etc etc and may do a small role play with you..

just be polite, speak at a steady and with a clear tone, no slangs words at all. You need to listen to what they say as they will want an answer back (to see how much you can take in)

other than that, be cool and dont stress
Root

26th Mar 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers paz. Jobs around here are few and far between and I've applied for all the vacancies I've seen for about the past...2 months...but nothing.

I mean, if I do take the position, I know it'll be basic wage £5.52, but it's something. It's a reference and of coarse I can always keep looking for jobs closer to home..

cheers for the advice paz.
Rammer

26th Mar 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey 114 miles thats some travelling.

My ex had a telephone interview for some customer service job she had her heart set on for ages, I come in from messing with me car and let off a proper loud fart thinking she was only on the phone to her mate, im stood there pissin meself laughing and shes giving me the evils and ends up hanging up thinking she blew it. She gets a letter few days later saying she got the job
corsa_paz

26th Mar 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
ok cheers paz. Jobs around here are few and far between and I've applied for all the vacancies I've seen for about the past...2 months...but nothing.

I mean, if I do take the position, I know it'll be basic wage £5.52, but it's something. It's a reference and of coarse I can always keep looking for jobs closer to home..

cheers for the advice paz.

What company you applying for if you dont mind me asking? even know money is crap, id expect you to be on more than £5.52 though mate.
pow
Premium Member

26th Mar 10 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH mate, your gunna spending pretty much every penny you earn on commuting.

Fuck that
Generation

26th Mar 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too far! Just just and refrain from saying "errrr" before answering a question, and try to make them laugh I had had about 4 now and passed them all, its easy as you can relax 100% on your sofa and not feel uncomfortable as they can't see you
Generation

26th Mar 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its 9 until 5, you will have to leave about 5.30am incase traffic nd wont get home until about 8 , its no life mate, I appreciate your best intentions, but fuck that.
Paul_J

26th Mar 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

114 miles each way

I used to do 90 miles a day (45 each way) and it was a nightmare + expensive...

either move closer or get a job closer to home.
stubs

26th Mar 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't forget wear & tear on your car.. and the extra millage that you should inform your insurance about (50k per year?)

Personally I think you'd be better finding a cheap B&B in the area and negotiating with them... or rent a room (www.spareroom.co.uk)
Chrissy
Premium Member

26th Mar 10 at 14:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
114 miles each way

I used to do 90 miles a day (45 each way) and it was a nightmare + expensive...

either move closer or get a job closer to home.

Lol.. Simple as that eh?

>>>> Chris <<<<

Root

26th Mar 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not that simple, basically it's only temporary until I find something better. I know it's ludacris. I'll try find other means of travel like train or bus to cut costs.

Anyway, I need some help with some questions that they may ask me, if you don't mind, guys.

Cheers

right:

they will probably ask me why i left my last job, it was an employment agency working at where the missus works as a "trainee microbiology laboratory technician". And basically I worked a full week, worked my arse off, broke in to a sweat many times, did overtime on the weekend, rang up on the monday and asked if there was any work, the man said to me "oh, basically, i won't bullshit you, they said your
work wasn't up to standard and you was always moaning"
I was gobsmacked, I could of killed someone cus I worked my arse off
and all I ever moaned about, if anything was my legs, cus I had to constantly walk to work cus my car was broken, or I had to run when i was late and my legs hurt lol
so how can I say that in the best way possible?
"there was no further work available?"
?

what should I say if they say "where do you want to be in 2-5-10 years time?"
"not working here"
xd
lol
seriously, what should i say?
cus nobody wants to work in a call center for the rest of their life

as copied and pasted from a msn conversation from a mate who's not helping me much at all lol

[Edited on 26-03-2010 by Root]
Generation

26th Mar 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just say, I left my last job as it was a temporary position at an agency, I enjoyed my time there and worked very hard, and gained (in that little time) experiance of a working enviroment. Unfortunatly they could not keep me on as business wsn't doing too well, and they couldn't afford to keep me on, and the decision was based on a last in first out scenario, which was a shame as they said I was doing a good job, but would be unfair otherwise

If they ask where you want to be, say something like I hope in 5 years time I will be in a smimilar position to yourself, ie flattering them (depending on how high they are position wise) Then in 10 years run a similar business yourself or be in charge or a similar organisation.

[Edited on 26-03-2010 by Generation]

Root

26th Mar 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers gen
John

26th Mar 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Working hard does not equal doing a good job.
Generation

26th Mar 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs, I'm sure other people with have input that you can also use. Then just slice and dice
Root

26th Mar 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooh, another question:

"why do you want to work in as a customer sales advisor"
or
"why do you want to work as a customer advisor"

(not sure what position im applying for tbh, i've applied for so many lately so i dont know what job it is or who it is etc) lol.
Generation

26th Mar 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What I say (depend son your experience is) Well I have worked around people within all of my jobs, I feel this is good for me, as you not only meet so many different people, you also speak to completly different people on a day - to day basis, which keeps the job comepltly fresh as no 2 days are ever the same. Becuase of the previous experiance I have I am very confortable talking to others, and I give the same service I would expect
Root

26th Mar 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

generation, did you write the book on customer service interview techniques?

cheers
Generation

26th Mar 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol No, I'm sure there are better answers, but like I said hopfully someone else will reply that you can add bits from etc etc. I have now had 11 interviews and 10 jobs at the age of 22:/ I have loads experiance haha. get bored quickly
moka

26th Mar 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

114miles mate surely thats not worth it. I understand what your trying to say about you just want a job but i work 34 miles away and its taking £58 off my wages a week. Thats about a 1/4!
corsa_paz

26th Mar 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 2p worth

Say you enjoy talking to all types of people, on the phone or in person...that you have a good and outgoing personality and alot of self paitents and are stress tolerant!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » job interview via phone 23 database queries in 0.0134618 seconds