corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Charity Karting Event - Adviced Needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Charity Karting Event - Adviced Needed
blebo

User status: Offline
27th Mar 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres the sad bit

In December last year my baby daughter Sophie was still born and it still hurt sever day cause I miss her so much. Both my partner and I have found great support in our local group of SANDS (still birth and neo-natal death society) who have helped us since the day Sophie was born. Basically I want to help the Sands group now and would like to get involved in fundraising.

However, who said Fundraising had to involve running miles and other boring things. I was thinking about organising a 24 hr Go Karting event, teams of six pay to enter donations for laps complete etc.. winner gets a cup and it becomes an annual event

Would this work...could it make money...how would the sponsor thing work...maybe big name stars etc... I need some ideas folks as I am really keen to make money....and have some fun doing it

Cheers

Sophie - Too beautiful for earth, taken by angels
sloworm

27th Mar 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the places ive been for go karting days, id imagine you'd have to shell out a fair amount before you started making money, unless you can get the karting company involved somehow?
blebo

27th Mar 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a contact at a karting place. so would need to conver tyres and fuel...good publicity for a karting place though if I can get names involved
Nath

27th Mar 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Karting is very expensive at most places. Send some emails and make some phone calls.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Charity Karting Event - Adviced Needed 22 database queries in 0.1944189 seconds