corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Not geting a spark

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not geting a spark
Jack1.6valver

User status: Offline
4th Apr 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant get a spark from the plug on my xe.Its on r1 carbs and from what im told, i was to connect 2 lives from the starter and the alternator,switch live to the coil and also earths it to the body and gearbox. Done all of these and double checked them,still no spark do i need to earth the block or inlet manifold? or could it be that the leads are the wrong way round or worse the coil is goosed!? Any help would be as always much appreciated!

[Edited on 04-04-2010 by Jack1.6valver]
cranney

4th Apr 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know like i sound a bit of a dick but alot of people forget to put a distributor type ecu on the coil type wont let it spark so is it a dizzy type one
Jack1.6valver

5th Apr 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dosent need an ecu to run.
Eck
Premium Member

5th Apr 10 at 11:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To run carbs I was under the impression that it needs to be a dizzy type unless you have management Jack!
Eck
Premium Member

5th Apr 10 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, or Megajolt. I was on the look out for a Megajolt system for my Bike TB's but found a carb set up instead. I think you'll need that to run the Spark as obviously it'll be completely different on the bike!
Jack1.6valver

5th Apr 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye its the dizzy type eck,no management is needed,the coil wasnt earthed i traced it back today and now i'm geting a spark. Unsure if the ignition leads are theright way on the dizzy now tho and i dont seem to be getting the plug wet!
Eck
Premium Member

6th Apr 10 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah! I guess it's an adjustable dizzy mate yeah?
Jack1.6valver

6th Apr 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye!

New Poll