corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Has any1 taken out the rubber inner arches at the front?? And left them out???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Has any1 taken out the rubber inner arches at the front?? And left them out???
Russ2k2

User status: Offline
14th Mar 03 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos i need to take mine out to fit me new front bumper, and have been told they are a bitch to fit back in so i was wondering if leaving them out effects anything??

[Edited on 14-03-2003 by Russ2k2]

bobothebear

14th Mar 03 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah they aren't that bad. It is a ten minute job. They just need a lot of brute force and hand mangling but do go back in fairly simply.
I guess the only effect of leaving them out is that mud and crap will be thrown into engine bay. But I doubt even that tho.
Technically(If you have a long arm), a thief could probably reach the battery and cut the leads to it. Thus making it alot easier to break into your car.
Russ2k2

14th Mar 03 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol thats true, pretty long and bendy arm though, cheers pal
Gambit

14th Mar 03 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your gonna remove these then put a lot of rust proctector on the exposed inner arch, as you'll get stone chips and then rust will set in and rot the fuk out of the car
Russ2k2

14th Mar 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, cheers matey
monkey

14th Mar 03 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was told i had to put mine back in because water could ge on to my alarm and fuck it if i didnt,
bobothebear

14th Mar 03 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is also true cos my alarm is mounted above the passenger side wheel. This also makes it bloody easy for a thief to cut a few wires and break into your car.
Basically, I would put the arches back

New Poll