corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Checking for air leaks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Checking for air leaks
moka

User status: Offline
5th Apr 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had numerous issues with my car recently where by its just bogging down (missfiring) at around 2k revs if i keep a steady speed it will kangaroo. Seems to get worse when the engines warm.

So far i have...

Changed the plugs (they were black!)
Changed the coilpack (but NOT the leads... would this be worth trying?)
Changed the oil
Cleaned the air filter (k&n panel)
Cleaned the air sensor? (on inlet)
Checked for air leaks (need a bit of help on this one)

When checking for air leaks, correct me if im wrong but im just looking at the small 1cm thick black tubes right? They have a rubber bit in them for corners? I can see a few around and near the battery that go to the SAI pump (which i have now removed) and around the back of the inlet... I dont think im doing a real through job in checking though and not sure how to? Any tips on this one? Also am i missing any / checking the right 'tubes'?

Also when changing the oil i removed the SAI pump but not the silver cylinder thing just above the manifold... Would i need to block off the hold in the silver cylinder that connected to the sai pump at all? Or shall i just leave it? I didnt want to remove the whole thing because apparently it leaves a hole in the manifold.

Sorry for the essay!

oh and last but not least... im trying to source a CTS, ive been told this could be the prob.
Jake

5th Apr 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its an x14 or x16 it could be the map sensor, or even the vaccum pipe thats on the map sensor
Richardhhha

5th Apr 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 14 and 16xe engines suffer a lot with air leaks and sensor trouble..

now youve removed the large sai pump but you left the valvr in and connected up.. you can just get rid of it all together look in the tutorials section..

as for running rough check them small rubber tubes as they perrish and are shit.. the map one splits a lot as its a tightish fit.
then do a paper clip test as it will tell you if the cts is up the swanny..
and yes the cts can cause these problems, so can the crank and cam sensors.

oh and u2u me if you want a blanking kit for the sai

New Poll