corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Glasto Fest Go'ers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Glasto Fest Go'ers
Dom

User status: Offline
11th Apr 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know the best place to camp? - >Site Map< Trying to hunt down a decent spot that isn't miles from anywhere, fairly lively but won't be full of penarses or thieving scrotes.
Also what do you lot do about valuables? Last time i was at a festival (Global a few years back), leaving car keys etc in the tent seemed to be fairly safe but we were away from 'riot' crowd/campers and obviously Glasto is about hundred times bigger

Chars
Roffo

11th Apr 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually camp opposite the other stage. never fills up too quickly. always get the same spot. bear in mind that shit loads of people will be there tuesday.
oceansoul

11th Apr 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i was at soni last year i left everything in the car, and just kept the key, my ID, and money in a zippered pocket in me combats. Left me main phone, but took an old nokia jobbie to get me by.
Nismo

11th Apr 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I myself camp backstage in the Avalon area as its less busy there and has good facilities.

But for the general Public I wouldnt really know where to say, BUT i would say more closer to Trash City is the better as thats the places that go on 24 hours, after the main stages have finished everyone heads to Trash City for the rest of the night partying 12-6am+ and the last thing you want is a massive trek back to your tent when you can barley stand up!

Pennard Hill would be my choice as its a high part of the site so less chance of flodding, bogging down and if the weather does turn bad the raileway track is solid ground so quickest route to anywhere!

Anywhere near the main stages is just a pure theft jone, at Glastonbury they dont bother about sifting through your tent, they will just unpeg it and take it away! plus anywhere near stages / arenas your tent will become a toilet, people will piss over it and curl a fresh one out beside it! your choice
Roffo

11th Apr 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive never had any trouble with theft at glasto (touch wood) but ive never really tried camping anywhere else.
I would agree though that camping near trash city / shangri-la etc would be handy for a short stagger home in the mornings!!

and you cant be leaving stuff in your car - its usually a good hours trek away!
Danny P

11th Apr 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the deal with taking drink into the camping areas, can you take as much as you want in at once as I was planning on leaving a load in the car and just nippin back each morning to stock up. Fuck walking for over 2 hours though
Nismo

11th Apr 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny you can take as much in plastic and cans as you like no glass what so ever and they will search you on the way in.

I myself wouldnt leave stuff in the car, theft happens in the car parks too, and theft of booze
Danny P

11th Apr 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Umm, I need to make up some kind of carrying device then.

All my mates are going Weds but I cant get off work so said i'd drive down on the Thursday and just fill my car with drink, and there will be a lot of it!!

This may need some thinking time dedicated to it
Nismo

11th Apr 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sack trucks are the best option (providing its dry etc... (split the drink between tents then if some spots you putting 500+ cans into one tent they might chance there luck after you have gone)
Roffo

11th Apr 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sack Truck for your booze. 5 crates in one shot. job done
Dom

11th Apr 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sound! Anyone know what the deal is with the Dragons campsite? Apparently it's the better end although it's on a massive slope? :confussed:

Also found a great FAQ link, certainly worth a read http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq
Roffo

12th Apr 10 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest if your not planning to spend to much time at your campsite its doesnt really matter where you are.
Just try to camp nearer the places you'll be at most i.e dance tents / stone circle / main stages etc..

and if you cant make it back because your too drunk then sleep on the floor. no worries..

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Glasto Fest Go'ers 22 database queries in 0.0113690 seconds