corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How to make money using ebay?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to make money using ebay?
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
12th Apr 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody on here make a bit now and again using eBay?

I mean buying in things with the intention to instantly sell on again.

This could be using methods such as -

Wholesale
Products from foreign countries
Damaged and then you repair

I have been reading this site -

http://www.easyprofits.co.uk/cms/

It gives some good tips and information but I have no idea what would be good to sell that isn't already on there being sold by some other person or little eBay company?

I was just wondering if anyone on here does it, if so can you provide any information..

What do you sell?
How long have you been doing it?
Have you made much profit? Worth doing?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

12th Apr 10 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing I find is finding items with bad descriptions, buying it up cheap and then relisting it
FruitBooTeR

12th Apr 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
best thing I find is finding items with bad descriptions, buying it up cheap and then relisting it

So I presume those items are auctions starting at a low price and dont have a reserve or buy it now? So that way not many people would bid...
Generation

12th Apr 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, i do it with gig tickets
corsabsonny

12th Apr 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy and sell scooters mate, can get non runners on gumtree for 100 150 quid fix there for pennys give them a good clean and get 5 600 back straight away if u buy the right bikes, always gonna get new 16 year olds wantign scooters
DaveyLC

12th Apr 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can go to stock auctions where you buy a pallet of "stuff", you normally know roughly what you're getting but you dont really know exact details, for example you might buy a pallet of motorcycle leathers but you wont know sizes/colours etc...
DaveyLC

12th Apr 10 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..for example http://www.palletlots.co.uk/
adiohead

12th Apr 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my friend makes money using ebay.

and he doesn't even sell anything
corsabsonny

12th Apr 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie

12th Apr 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be careful doing job lots.

My friend did this with gilette razor blades, on the packs in asda / tesco their was a serial number on the bottom, on his there wasn't. They were copies, he had to refund everybody their money, and ended up a grand out of pocket.
harrisp

12th Apr 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
my friend makes money using ebay.

and he doesn't even sell anything

So does jay-corsa-gsi or what ever his name is.
Bart

12th Apr 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Do you ever handle the goods, or does the shipper send to your buyer?
Roffo

12th Apr 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can try drop shipping, you post an ebay ad and wait for it to sell and then order it from the drop ship site. You never have to deal with any goods and it is also at wholesale prices.

Search Drop Shipping for more information.

It could be a good way to make some extra cash if you can find the right product.
deano87

12th Apr 10 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time I tried selling something of mine on eBay that took so many fees it wasn't worth it
am4nf

12th Apr 10 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Perfect example:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nice-set-of-rims-good-tyres-one-new-195-50-r15-82v_W0QQitemZ260584437625QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item3cac0af779

Look like minstrels but says they dont fit vaux
ShEp

12th Apr 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats because it's not mistrals*
rustyarchs

13th Apr 10 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ebay is a fair bit of hasstle! manageing stock, replying to messages then theres the posting itself ...ooft

Iv always dabled with ebay but just recently started doing it as a means of living as im currently unemployed, took me a lot of time researching and iv still had two red herrings! its hard finding something that will sell well and is worth the hasstle after ebay/paypal fees and replaceing any items lost in the post all eat at your profit. Finding good suppliers is your hardest task tho as even if you have a couple of grand your willing to spend upfront or have the gift of the gab most wont bother with you if your not a reg company/vat reg! buying from abroad works but time getting the goods and customs can become an issue.

Do well at it and ebay will insist you become a business seller, either register and go with the tax man loseing 20% of profits unless you have a good accountant who can offset it plus that route then if your importing to sell then you will also have to declare that and lose even more money or just keep opening new ebay accounts again more hasstle plus your starting from scratch with no feedback... iv currently got 3 active ebay accounts

Do you have the space to store your stock? iv got two racking units holding all mine however you may be different depending on what you sell and how big the items are

oh and not much point asking what other people do as there never gonna tell you the realy good money makers ,will tell you one of the little things i sell though just to give you an idea - keyrings : started off as just a way to get quick feedback but there small, dont take up much storage room and are easy to post so iv just continued selling them on my main account for pocket money (why bother doing it then? sadly just cos something makes you more money it doesnt always sell as many as youd like)! i spend about 2 hours a night sorting everything out and profit varies monthly from 800-1000 which seems great for the time spent but spend 2 hours sorting it out a nite for a few months and it soon pisses you off

just to make it clear how much hasstle it is heres my 60 day selling totals for my pocket money account and remember that sold amount isnt profit, imagine posting 462 items

Sold (last 60 days)
Listed 444
Sold 462
Amount £1,558.48

Payments (last 60 days)
Received £1,542.73
Not received £15.75

Total sales: £1,562.28

so is it worth doing?? well im at college tomorrow on a course so i can hopefully get a job i can work round ebay thats how serious im taking it right now.

forgive any speliing mistakes etc but im tired and not enough of a geek to really give a shit

anyway buddy good luck and goodnight
KingDoug

13th Apr 10 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you are saying you make £1562 a month just from selling keyrings. Impressive stuff dude.
Graham88

13th Apr 10 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He stated that's not all profit due to those payments cover postage too.

But that's still not bad overall. Would be interesting to see how much is actually profit. Then break it all down into man hours etc and see what you are actually making per hour?

Breaking cars is a good bit of profit but again you need alot of space for that, and patience. I broke up a MK6 Fiesta about 6 months ago and I still have a garage full of it. Alot of messers in this world.

[Edited on 13-04-2010 by Graham88]
KingDoug

13th Apr 10 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love to find a simple pocket money earner on ebay. Just a couple extra pounds a month would be nice to play with. May have to start putting in some research around the bays.
AndyKent

13th Apr 10 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KingDoug
So you are saying you make £1562 a month just from selling keyrings. Impressive stuff dude.

No, hes saying he has recieved £1500 in two months before taking off the cost of stock.

Assuming 50% of that is profit, 50% goes in costs (optimisticly low), thats £375 a month profit, and you have to spend half your life in a post office queue.

Good going, but its not as easy as it sounds Doug!
antnee

13th Apr 10 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you are selling in those volumes, you would get an account with the post office, and you drop all the items off there and they sort them all out. Loads of people do that at mine, I've even done it once or twice
ste_p23

13th Apr 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be loads of fake clothing on ebay! Someone must be making a tidy packet from them
rustyarchs

13th Apr 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
When you are selling in those volumes, you would get an account with the post office, and you drop all the items off there and they sort them all out. Loads of people do that at mine, I've even done it once or twice

actually what i meant when i said they were small and easy to post is they just get lobed into a postbox
antnee

13th Apr 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
quote:
Originally posted by antnee

actually what i meant when i said they were small and easy to post is they just get lobed into a postbox

It was more a reply to andykent who said you would spend half your time in the post office queue

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How to make money using ebay? 22 database queries in 0.1433642 seconds