corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how do i fit a boot popper?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how do i fit a boot popper?
markx14xe

User status: Offline
14th Apr 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its probley been asked before and it aint on the tutorials either
how can the boot popper operate the central locking aswell as pop the boot?
ive got one and dont have any idea how to mount it either.

if someone could help me i would be greatful
markx14xe

16th Apr 10 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
Mike Gould

16th Apr 10 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by markx14xe
its probley been asked before and it aint on the tutorials either
how can the boot popper operate the central locking aswell as pop the boot?
ive got one and dont have any idea how to mount it either.

if someone could help me i would be greatful

Slightly confused, am I right in thinking you already have central locking, but you would also like your boot to be unlocked at the same time i.e when you either turn the key in the drivers door, or unlocks with a key fob?

Have you de-locked or ssmoothed your boot? If so, having your boot popper work in conjunction central locking in that fashion is probably not as wise as it sounds. Everytime you unlock your doors your boot will pop open and youll need to shut it before any driving were to take place etc.

Ironically Im actually going to fiddle with my central locking tomorrow and boot poppings!

My cars been sat around for some years and the solenoid for my boot has fried, so replacing the popper for my smoothed boot. I have a button up front that will pop the boot, but tomorrow I plan to link a remote central locking kit to my existing factory fitted central locking so that I can also pop my boot via the key fob as well as the button on dash. But that requires a relay and is a little more fiddly... haven't done it before but I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Whatever you're after there are several threads on here and other forums if you wanted to google it that will definitely help you out.

I'll try take pics tomorrow, but can't promise I'll be able to write you a tutorial, but can definitely answer questions etc (assuming ill be able to answer them :-) )

Cheers
Mike Gould

16th Apr 10 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres an example someone kindly posted up. But all depends on what exactly you're trying to acheive.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=525375

Hope it sheds some light

New Poll