corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Things to look out for on a 205 GTi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Things to look out for on a 205 GTi
corsa_nation

User status: Offline
18th Apr 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all, I'm looking at one soon, just wondering what specific 205 problems I can be on the look out for if anyone has any experience with the gti!

Many thanks!
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Apr 10 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know them but I would assume rust and rot in the usual places and smokey or tappy engines as alot would have had a hard life

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
sparkyunlimited

18th Apr 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cam belts known to snap which can take out the liners as well as the valves so watch for steam in the exhaust...

alot of people lower them by altering the torsion bar - which is the WRONG way to do it and causes strange handling...

gearbox linkages get really worn and sloppy

factory sunroofs can leak

and the usual ACCIDENT DAMAGE
Robin
Premium Member

18th Apr 10 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worn rear beam mountings.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Apr 10 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sparkyunlimited

alot of people lower them by altering the torsion bar - which is the WRONG way to do it and causes strange handling...

But altering the bar is the only way you are going to get it lower isnt it? But yes there is a right and a wrong way to do it

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
matt16vsport

19th Apr 10 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't due it its french in two years i did 2 gearboxes 2 clutches rear axle burn the fuse box out convertible roof stop working

not woth the hasstle
sand-eel

19th Apr 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inlet manifold cracks.
sand-eel

19th Apr 10 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get one, its the best FWD i've driven.
N3CRO

19th Apr 10 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love one of these. A few mint ones round here that look like they've just been driven outta a showroom.
Gareth

19th Apr 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one 12 years ago lol. It was the 1.9 version. Problems i had were headgasket and water pump went. Gearbox crunching 1st to 2nd, and some sort suspension compoment kept on knocking. Nice cars though had loads of fun in mine, red carpets are cool as fook

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Things to look out for on a 205 GTi 23 database queries in 0.3250329 seconds