corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Claiming from the council for pot hole damage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Claiming from the council for pot hole damage
Nath

User status: Offline
19th Apr 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a burst tyre from a canyon sized pothole

Has anyone successfully claimed from their council for the cost of a new tyre/wheel (whatever it was you needed) ?

As I really don't see why I should have to lose out when I pay enough in road tax as it is.

It's a fucking farce. From my house to the city centre there is literally about a dozen big ass pot holes. It's round the corner from my street and is about 60cm wide, and about 15cm deep. I'll get a pic tomorrow. My Dad emailed the council about it 3 weeks ago and fuck all has been done about it.

[Edited on 19-04-2010 by Nath]
adiohead

19th Apr 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my claim story:

http://www.potholes.co.uk/stories/view/194/Beat_the_Council/page:3/type:Success_story
AndyCorsaSport

19th Apr 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get pics of the pothole, with measurments, you dont need pics with "todays newspaper" like some people say. Pics of damage to wheel tyre, ring your local council high ways department, and explain, and ask for a claim form, fill it in and send pics, then spend about a year rining them and chasing it up, to get your payment. I got £180 from council for a buckled wheel, new tyre and 4wheel alignment, cost me £60 to get it all done. Took about 14month to recieve payment, yet 2 days for them to fill the fucking hole in!!! They are a joke.
Nath

19th Apr 10 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys
shaunmods
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried and failed. I popped my tire, took a chunk out my wheel and knock my steering out on one. I took photos for evidence, got all forms and set them copies of the bills etc.

About 3 months later I got a letter for Zurich saying I basically had no comeback and I wasn't getting a penny Tried contesting it but I got nowhere leaving me nearly £200 out of pocket
Nath

19th Apr 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
I tried and failed. I popped my tire, took a chunk out my wheel and knock my steering out on one. I took photos for evidence, got all forms and set them copies of the bills etc.

About 3 months later I got a letter for Zurich saying I basically had no comeback and I wasn't getting a penny Tried contesting it but I got nowhere leaving me nearly £200 out of pocket

Gay. My Dad has already complained about said pothole with an email. Hopefully I can use that as leverage.
adiohead

19th Apr 10 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they refuse you will have to prove neglect.

that is the only way you can win
Chris C

19th Apr 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hit a pot hole last year, burst tyre and needed re tracking. I had lots of photos with dates on a letter from my mechanic I used basically saying that the damage to my car was caused by a pot hole.

The council turned around and said to me that because nobody had reported the pot hole before I hit that they were not responsable because they were unaware of it.

So ring up and report it before you put in a claim, probably be wasting your breathe tho mate.
MarkM

19th Apr 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact they have been informed of the pot hole months before can only assist in proving neglect.
Nath

19th Apr 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad has already sent an email, to which they responded. So I'll use that and cross my fingers. Can't see a 215/40/17 being cheap
Nath

19th Apr 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
The fact they have been informed of the pot hole months before can only assist in proving neglect.

I hope so.
pow
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently chasing a claim with bucks CC
adiohead

19th Apr 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm currently chasing a claim with bucks CC

my claim above was against bucks CC. they're stingy bastards
mike56gte

20th Apr 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate got refused his claim for £500 worth of damage but he just kept writing to them and eventualy he got a check for £500 so just keep nagging them!
Nath

20th Apr 10 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked at it in the daylight and it's only the tyre. The wheels, although scuffed, looks intact. So the claim will only be for about £80-£100, I think.
Jake

20th Apr 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i managed to claim repairs to my bumper after it got ripped off by raised blockpaving. Took a few weeks but cant see that you will have a problem
reidy22

20th Apr 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate hit a pothole last week 19 inch alloy 12 inch crack rite round the inner alloy. 120quid to fix and 130 for a nice new tyre arseholes.he is claiming off them potholes been there over a year

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Claiming from the council for pot hole damage 22 database queries in 0.2444911 seconds