corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Camera Clean/Service

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Camera Clean/Service
ed

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 10 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seem to have some dust in my lens or on the sensor of my D40X. I can't see anything on the sensor, nor can I see anything obvious on the outer most lenses. How much would I be looking at to pay for a service/clean-up? There's a Jacobs and a Jessops near by me - has anyone had any experience of these shops doing work on their cameras?

P.S. I know you can get kits for doing this sort of thing, but I don't think I'm careful enough to do it
Matt L

22nd Apr 10 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can take it in to jessops who will probably send it off somewhere, or any camera shop tends to offer it.

I have had Hlehmans work on my 1000d and took them and tbh wouldnt touch them again after my bad experience but also reading a few other peoples bad experiences since.
Scotty_B

23rd Apr 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What lens is it?
AndyKent

23rd Apr 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it really bad dust (ie. lots of it).

A proper service won't be cheap, I'd just get a cleaning kit from Jessops. If you follow the instructions you won't damage it. Just don't go prodding around on the sensor
Simon

23rd Apr 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy one of the rocket hand air pumps first, see if that will do any good, useful thing to have anyway with a DSLR. Only a few quid

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Camera Clean/Service 23 database queries in 0.0071459 seconds