corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Liverpool people

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool people
monty46

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need some advice just brought my car over from Northern Ireland for the term til i go home for summer.
Anyone reccomend a good carwash around as ive no access to a hose or outside water(live in student halls)
Also where would be the best place if i needed parts if something broke?

[Edited on 23-04-2010 by monty46]
alan t

23rd Apr 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just find a tesco or asda or somewhere with a jetwash mate?
monty46

23rd Apr 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried one of those self service washes but the money you put through the machine to get a full wash it would work out cheaper putting it through an attended wash just want some recommendations if people know of any good places in merseyside?
cheekyalex

23rd Apr 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a car wash in prescot that gives ' the best hand job in prescot' according to their big sign. can try and get the postcode for you if you want?

There is quite a few hand car wash places in liverpool, Im convinced a few are just money laundering drug fronts. Ive been turnd away from one too, just said where closing now ,at about 3.30pm :S
Fro

23rd Apr 10 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're tax havens aswell. as it's easy to play down what they are earning.
MarkM

23rd Apr 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which halls are you in? As has been said there are hand car wash places everywhere... just pick one that's always busy and you can't go wrong really.

There are quite a few Culmacs for parts. Number I have is 0151 525 4311. Ring them and ask which shop is close to you.
Andrew

23rd Apr 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edge Lane, Green Lane or Kensigton mate. That's where i go as i don't have access to running water anymore.

I use the one in Green Lane but the other two are the same company. They do a half decent job... Wash and Wax for £5.

I take my car and the van there. My sister reccomended them to me - she gets hers done every week
Andrew

23rd Apr 10 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for parts there's a decent scrap yard on Long Lane, been there a few times. Always have Corsa B's and C's in.

For new stuff there is a Vauxhall garage on Vauxhall Road. Used them a few times and are sound.

My mate usually fixes my car for a lift or two here and there / engine removals so not sure on cheap places for repairs.

Ian and Ste will be able to advise more, they know a bit more about vehicles than me

[Edited on 23-04-2010 by Andrew]
steel

23rd Apr 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you're ever near formby, go to the one next to kellets garage across the road from tesco.

they do an excellent job, especially with the wheels

monty46

24th Apr 10 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

live right near vauxhall road so ill be near the vauxhall garage. Is that long lane scrappies near aintree by the jacobs factory?
Andrew

24th Apr 10 at 06:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's the one mate.

Not been there for a few years but used to be brilliant.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Liverpool people 22 database queries in 0.0071940 seconds