corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance help - been majorly fuck*d over!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance help - been majorly fuck*d over!
Generation

User status: Offline
26th Apr 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right in january this year, my car was hit by a bus, the bus scraped along side of me, and caused about £800 worth of damage. After many phon calls from myself, in Febuary/march I was told the claim would be dealt in a non prejudice manor. This meant they would pay damage for my vechicle, but if any evidence come up, to prove I was at fault they could claim money back of my insurance.
My 2nd year NCB has just finished, and I have been told I do not have a 2nd year NCB as the bus garage is not admitting liability, but they are no denying it either.
So the difference in my renewal is about 4/500 (almsot double) I have now been told this can do this, and it will not be investigated (if nothing changes) for at least another year.

What can I do, I am being punished for something in my eyes that is not my fault
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go mad
Generation

26th Apr 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great, Cheers.
RichR
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same happened with me In January; the insurance couldn't close the claim because the third party insurance was disputing liability. I was fortunate that when you run into the back of a parked car while the owner's in bed and is parked legally and the third party admitted liability at the scene and later - the insurers didn't really have a leg to stand on. So I went mad, like crazy mad down the phone - less than 5minutes later and the claim was closed as non-fault.

Sometimes, there is no other choice than to kick off

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by LiVe LeE]
lostboy
Banned

26th Apr 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep chasing them, you shouldn't have left them to deal with it in that way as they've just waited long enough so any video evidence from shops etc nearby would have been deleted, let this be a lesson to you. Your best bet is to see a solicitor I would say.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you wave your arms about mate
RichR
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me? I think so, yes. Crazy Mad!
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet you look fit when youre angry mate, i would have given you a kiss on them lovely lips of yours after

[Edited on 26-04-2010 by Steve]
Andrew

26th Apr 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's annoying as fuck... Companies seem to do what they want when something is not documented.
Generation

26th Apr 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you stop posting rubbish in here, I'm looking for help. I dont go in your project thread posting shit, unless you want me to?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate, back on topic
Colin

26th Apr 10 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a £50 banger & see how many buses you can mash it into before the cops get onto you!!?
Baskey

26th Apr 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing you can do mate. An old man crashed into my car, i got out made sure he was ok, he kept saying sorry over and over again. I sorted his car out so he could get home etc

Anyway the fucker told his company we had a comming together. Went down as 50/50 and i lost all my no claims and £400 excess.

I wrote him a letter explaining in no certain terms he was a fucking thief. Although it made me feel better it didnt get the 1k plus back id lost in excess and insurance rises
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is the general population basically a load of cunts, if i crashed and it was my fault id admit it was my fault, what is wrong with people these days, women are worse for this, never wrong about anything
Andrew

26th Apr 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Generation

26th Apr 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HIS WITNESS had a pushchair, where do people stand with a pushchair on a bus? nowhere thhat can see a bus indicating,checking its mirrors or seeing my positioning
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no seriously, i got hit when a women pulled out of a junction, and went straight into the side of my car, then she tried blaming me

OP: try writing to the garage directly, or ring trading standards i find they give useful advice
Colin

26th Apr 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to get out of a claim once, with reason though I thought.

I hit him from the rear...........99% your fault, but, his car had broken down, it was dark & he was coasting trying to get it started. No rear lights, no hazards.

Was my fault but i'd have liked that to go down as 50/50 due to mechanical failure & him not warning me. My insurance company said they wouldnt fight it!!
Eddx14xe

26th Apr 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it dark and a car hasnt got its lights on, surly its there fault
Colin

26th Apr 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd think eh!!

Insurance company said point blank it was 100% my fault & they wouldnt fight it.

Only saving grace was I had protected ncb so didnt hurt too much!!
Generation

26th Apr 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anymore advive about MY situation?
RichR
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're not getting anywhere with your own insurer's, maybe head down to the CAB
ryzer

26th Apr 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

contact your lawyer, sue the bastards to admit liability, if it is as clear cut as you say it is, no worries.
Half Pint

26th Apr 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

antnee

26th Apr 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

99% of accidents with buses are usually the other parties fault, as buses have right of way everywhere. Plus every angle is covered by cameras so they can take it to court and win.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance help - been majorly fuck*d over! 22 database queries in 0.4078081 seconds