corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Corsa-c.co.uk

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa-c.co.uk
Callum

User status: Offline
26th Apr 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is so fucking shit. tried to sell stuff and i said i would only meet the person. then mod has changed it to this - http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?272661-you-must-be-a-paid-member-to-sell, what is the point in that, i wouldnt have minded if they deleted it and then messaged me, absolute fannys
Twitch

26th Apr 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see alot of people from C.co.uk down cruises in MK and that and they all are chavvy little kids driving like a bunch of cocks so meh its expected

[Edited on 27-04-2010 by Twitch]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 10 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they should have decent software that doesnt enable you to post unless you are paid then
Ste L

26th Apr 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
they should have decent software that doesnt enable you to post unless you are paid then

that can be done on VB, mig have something similar in place, but i guess they dont know how to use the sopftware properly
N3CRO

26th Apr 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
I see alot of people from C.co.uk down cruises in MK and that and they all they save chavvy little kids driving like a bunch of cocks so meh its expected

Agreed. They used to go to the Kempston cruise.
spikedjack

26th Apr 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

majority of them are chavs nowadays on there tbh, i've been on there years just like here and well, its changed for the worse of late
AlunJ

27th Apr 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on there but don't really bother with it unless I want anything on there. Full of idiots
Blair.

27th Apr 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
I see alot of people from C.co.uk down cruises in MK and that and they all they save chavvy little kids driving like a bunch of cocks so meh its expected

Sorry but LOL
DarkBahamut

27th Apr 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste L
quote:

that can be done on VB, mig have something similar in place, but i guess they dont know how to use the sopftware properly

Actually, it's the OP not using the forum properly that was the issue. The forums does indeed only let paid (Extra Members) post in the for sale section, which is exactly where the thread should have been posted. As the thread was posted in a regional section and not the for sale section the forum software of course is not able to account for this.

The OP failed to read the forums rules or take a few seconds to read the forums index. Both of these make is VERY clearly that you have to be a paid member to sell. Take a look yourself if you don't believe me.

It's a pretty sorry state of affairs if a forum is 'shit' because someone in incapable of reading or even posting in the correct section
Graham88

27th Apr 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having to be a paid member to sell is the wankest idea on earth. That goes for all forums.
Daimo B

27th Apr 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Owned

Come here to moan, but there is no moan, just the posters lazyness or not reading
adiohead

27th Apr 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

27th Apr 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Having to be a paid member to sell is the wankest idea on earth. That goes for all forums.

I don't think so really.

It means the forum is making a little money to contribute.

Its like asking to sign up to AutoTrader and then putting free adverts in it.

Why not make money from it, most other big sites do. Its generally the smaller sites that dont do it.

If I ran a site, i'd expect the same, or a small charge of the overal cost of the product sold. Why not make money out of your own website that has a few thousand members? Sounds like good business planning.

Its only the people wanting to sell something who can moan about it. If your a fully fledged Corsa Club member, there won't be an issue.

If people don't like it, then go sell it on ebay and then moan about the fees
Ste L

27th Apr 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DarkBahamut
Actually, it's the OP not using the forum properly that was the issue. The forums does indeed only let paid (Extra Members) post in the for sale section, which is exactly where the thread should have been posted. As the thread was posted in a regional section and not the for sale section the forum software of course is not able to account for this.

The OP failed to read the forums rules or take a few seconds to read the forums index. Both of these make is VERY clearly that you have to be a paid member to sell. Take a look yourself if you don't believe me.

It's a pretty sorry state of affairs if a forum is 'shit' because someone in incapable of reading or even posting in the correct section

if they set the forum up correctly, THEN the OP wouldnt of been able to post in there, due to to not being a payed member, that's what im talking about
Daimo B

27th Apr 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think MIG setup a rule where you ahd to be a member for x amount of time, or have x amount of posts before being able to sell items.

Its a good idea to stop scammers and spammers, but also doesn't earn the board any money from non paying members trying to sell something.
DarkBahamut

27th Apr 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

if they set the forum up correctly, THEN the OP wouldnt of been able to post in there, due to to not being a payed member, that's what im talking about

The forum is set up like that. CCUK has a classifieds/for sale section just like this forum does. That section stops anyone that hasn't paid up from posting there goods for sale, however, if you post your thread in the wrong section, be it general chat, a regional section (like the OP did) or anywhere else, then the forum software has no way of knowing that the poster is trying to sell goods and the thread isn't blocked.

Unfortunately there's no way to stop that happening without forcing every single user to be a paid member to post any thread at all in any section.
Whittie

27th Apr 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

The forum is set up like that. CCUK has a classifieds/for sale section just like this forum does. That section stops anyone that hasn't paid up from posting there goods for sale, however, if you post your thread in the wrong section, be it general chat, a regional section (like the OP did) or anywhere else, then the forum software has no way of knowing that the poster is trying to sell goods and the thread isn't blocked.

Unfortunately there's no way to stop that happening without forcing every single user to be a paid member to post any thread at all in any section.

Read the VB manual then.
Callum

27th Apr 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough i put it for sale n the wrong section, but you dont see mods on here being total control freaks, if i got a message saying what ive done wrong i wouldnt mind, i just think they love themselves and controlling things
Ste L

28th Apr 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

fair enough, i didnt look where he posted it, hence the reply
Steve
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going mad here, about all of this, im ready to start a fight and i think it will be with you
BarnshaW

28th Apr 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im going mad here, about all of this, im ready to start a fight and i think it will be with you

Ian
Site Administrator

28th Apr 10 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've actually gone even further off the idea of constricting sales to paid members only now. Never even realised that it actually makes more work as you've got to find and remove for sale ads from elsewhere on the forum as it's somewhat more attractive to post them in the wrong place while you're usurping the rules.
neil h

28th Apr 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a thread on CCUK now dedicated to this one and its mostly full of people getting upset about being called chavs. That and some kid with out a driving licence.
Eddx14xe

28th Apr 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

link to the thread?
spikedjack

28th Apr 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got called a traitor

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Corsa-c.co.uk 22 database queries in 0.1896391 seconds