corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rubbish Night

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rubbish Night
MarkSport

User status: Offline
28th Apr 10 at 05:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a joke last night was.

After going out for a good night with food/a few games of pool and a couple of carlings I walk out to find a bloody clamp on the car .release fee was £125.I couldn't draw it out as I had drew my limit out that day

Had to get my mum to phone my aunty and drop it to me at 1am.

It seriously felt like I had been set alight and put out with a spade, the feeling was shit as it was money for my tools for work.

Lesson learnt though.A disabled bay doesn't have to have a hatched area either side of the car...apparently!

first offence in driving after 5 and half years
Chris x

28th Apr 10 at 05:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MarkSport

28th Apr 10 at 05:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed.Thing is,I'm tempted to protest it as the bay didnt have hatched markings each side to allow wheelchair access.it only had it on one side which i thought was strange
Eck
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 05:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it clearly state it was a disabled spot? As in, was it not obvious to you, even with only one side of hatched markings and most likely the big universal sign they paint inside every disabled spot?
Eck
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 05:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it clearly state it was a disabled spot? As in, was it not obvious to you, even with only one side of hatched markings and most likely the big universal sign they paint inside every disabled spot?
MarkSport

28th Apr 10 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was 4 of us in the car and I never noticed the sign on the floor (was parked on it) .one hatched bit on the drivers side but passenger side was like not even 2 ft to the next car (my mate struggled to get out)
Shell
Premium Member

28th Apr 10 at 06:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, that was actually me. Evidently Eck doesnt know how to sign out on my phone either, not just the laptop.
You can't contest the fine because you and 4 other people weren't very observant. Yeah, mistakes happen, but you take it on the chin and learn not to do it again. It's not like when we're kids and could claim it was unfair "cos it was an accident".

Also, disabled bays aren't just for disabled passengers, some, like this one by the sounds of it, was for a disabled driver.

[Edited on 28-04-2010 by Shell]
luciaadr

28th Apr 10 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When space is at a premium they'll just put hatchings on one side. If the driver has a disabled passenger all they have to do is reverse into the bay!

You can't claim. Chin up
Half Pint

28th Apr 10 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
There was 4 of us in the car and I never noticed the sign on the floor (was parked on it) .one hatched bit on the drivers side but passenger side was like not even 2 ft to the next car (my mate struggled to get out)

never noticed..... What are you disabled?

adiohead

28th Apr 10 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate getting clamped.

I once had permission to park in a private space and I still got clamped and had to pay a fine.

Never got that money back, I'm betting my old friend kept it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rubbish Night 22 database queries in 0.2803240 seconds