corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa has mot today but i cant see it passing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa has mot today but i cant see it passing
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
29th Apr 10 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa has mot today. its 14 years old. i cant seee it passing. things i know that are wrong is.

it makes a weird clunk sound when you pull away from the front left side of the car. it only does it sometimes though??
washer doesnt work for the windscreen or rear window. apparently it could be a fuse.
decat pipe fitted (have a mate in the trade so no worries :thumbs
handbrake could do with adusting think its a bit stretched.
thats about it.

im looking at insuring it on sunday but it is sorn. so even if it does pass the mot today would i have to wait for my insurance docs to come through before i can get it taxed and be on the road on sunday?
i have the v5 upstairs and i believe somewhere i have the confirmation of the sorn somewhere around.
could i do it all online or do i need to wait for the docs to come through?
Baskey

29th Apr 10 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will fail on the washers

Why did u put it in without checking the fuse?
Aerox-lad

29th Apr 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know what fuse it is. i know very little about cars. more of a bike sort of guy. but i have a mate in the trade. he could probably get my car an mot certificate with it sat on the drive tbh...
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fusebox cover has pretty little pictures for people not too clued up, to tell which fuse does which circuit.

SR91

29th Apr 10 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aerox-lad
i dont know what fuse it is. i know very little about cars. more of a bike sort of guy. but i have a mate in the trade. he could probably get my car an mot certificate with it sat on the drive tbh...

You dont advertise that on a forum...
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th Apr 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres not even that many fuses in a corsa! check them all and replace the broken ones numpty, one of the things my last corsa failed on was the water washers not workin!
Ricky352

29th Apr 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember some guy was trying to sell my mate a nova saloon, was one of the most rotten cars id ever seen - he said if it didnt sell he would just pay for it be put through MOT lol wee bastard.

Wont fail for having a decat, unless England MOT is different to NI.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

29th Apr 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will most likely be the washer pump, or the little gauze where the washer pump goes into the bottle will be blocked.
Aerox-lad

29th Apr 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool. i replaced the washer pump a while ago though it was only working for like 2 months and stopped working. the wipers move when you pull the lever backwards.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa has mot today but i cant see it passing 22 database queries in 0.0114570 seconds