corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » raced a 106 gti and..................need help!!!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author raced a 106 gti and..................need help!!!!!
jon-valver

User status: Offline
9th May 10 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

raced a 106 gti today and in he just kept creeping away in every gear, what mods can u do to beat him? Need help, ive heard of powerboxes but do they actually add speed? And camming what is it? And how much do they both cost to do? If any1 on here could fit things like powerbox\camming id pay them to do it obvs any help wud be good thanks!
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a corsa sport 1.6 16v btw same as gti
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power box

but they are a faster car by far and handle very well

corsas dont

[Edited on 09-05-2010 by IvIarkgraham]
sand-eel

9th May 10 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First of all was it in the twisties or a straight road?
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strait road at first, we started in second gear and he beeped 3 times then set off and his 2nd gear seamed to just last longer than mine and he just crept away.
Eck
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a powerbox, 4-2-1 manifold and cat back exhaust to even keep up. If you want to pull away in every gear, get an XE.
Eck
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 00:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jon-valver
strait road at first, we started in second gear and he beeped 3 times then set off and his 2nd gear seamed to just last longer than mine and he just crept away.

It will. He will limit after 60, you will long before.
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat u mean get an xe? How much will powerbox cost and does any1 no how to fit? Willing to give 50 quid to sum 1 if they will fit it? And got cat back sorted. What is camming it all about?
Eck
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An xe as in a 20XE...ie; redtop. Where are you from? Someone local may be able to fit one for the same amount it would cost you to fit all the mods to an XE and you'll still blow them into the weeds.
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im from leeds, im not made of money thats only problem so what u recon best duin? I was thinking of powerbox. Take back seats out. Get 421 cat back. But only thing is i aint got a clue how to get standard inlet off thats why i would pay some one 50 quid to do it. But what u think is best for me to do to gain power?
Eck
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're right. Powerbox, 4-2-1 and decat system BUT... You could get an XE fitted for buttons so you need to go into Regionals and post in there. You might get lucky.
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, ive posted a thread on here just now askin if any 1 can do it and how much they would charge for EVERYTHING includin finding engine ect. but whats camming my 1.6? Will that gain power aswel and what it is?
Eck
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 01:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Camming is changing your camshafts. Basically the cam is what controls your valves. The profile of your cam will open the valves for longer so a higher profile will increase the power. But it's not cheap. To get cams and set it up is at least £500 from a reputeable garage.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 01:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a short shift too
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 01:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fukinell not cheap then lol. How much bhp u recon ile have from, powerbox. Cat back. No back seats. 421 manifold.?? and can i get a chip for mine and how much are they ect? Sorry all the questions been wunderin some of this stuff for a wile lol
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how u get shortshift? How much and how u fit it lol?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jon-valver
fukinell not cheap then lol. How much bhp u recon ile have from, powerbox. Cat back. No back seats. 421 manifold.?? and can i get a chip for mine and how much are they ect? Sorry all the questions been wunderin some of this stuff for a wile lol

power box will add 15bhp
cat back will add 4 bhp?
no back seats will add about 30 bhp
421 will be 4ish
Eck
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to Rallydesign for a shortshift kit. No back seats will give you no power ffs But it will help your power to weight ratio.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

got my short shift for £30 and its just a replacement gear linkage
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 01:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kk i dont know how to change the gear linkage tho lol what does shortshift do just make you change gear quiker yeah? And yeah gathered back seats out wunt give power lmao lol jus save weight innit lol propa wanna beat this 106 gti so thanks for the help guys well apriciated.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 01:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah halves the change time!

but it makes the change feel smooth and certain
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, cud sum 1 fit one for me lol? And how bout fittin powerbox wile were at it?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

9th May 10 at 01:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
markx14xe

9th May 10 at 01:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fit an c20xe instead of messing bwt
jon-valver

9th May 10 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but how much that cost? For everything?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » raced a 106 gti and..................need help!!!!! 22 database queries in 0.0206089 seconds