corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C2 vts

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C2 vts
skankaman

User status: Offline
11th May 10 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got one or owned owned? Just wondering if someone could shed some light on them and tell me any bad points or common faults

cheers
Whittie

11th May 10 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give Neo on here a u2u. He's had one over 18 months now, must like it to have it that long.

I don't know anything about them, apart from there's only two seats in the back
skankaman

11th May 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate ill give it a bash. Yee i know looks weird but o well haa
Neo

11th May 10 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have one,

Apart from recently mine has been fine, you'll get little rattles in the back and noise in the cabin is fairly loud on the motorway but you soon get used to it.

Quite nippy standard. Spend a bit and they can be quick.

Stuff to check:

Because Citroens brakes are over servo'd a gentle touch should bring you to a stop, stamping the brake will snap your neck. If there is any play or you have to push hard could mean something electrical has gone.

Check hinges on the bottom flap of the boot

Washer Motors are prone to breaking

If you hear a whistle whilst driving, its the manifold bolts, just need tightening (so don't stress and get a garage to rip you off, its a common fault)

I'll have a think what else

But wicked cars to drive, handle well but a rear end is very light meaning if you lift off you will spin (but you learn it and can control it). Great round town too and wont cost the earth to run.

[edit]

Should also say this is my second, both have felt the same to drive, although this one a lot quicker. There aren't many recurring faults and any that are will have been recalled and had x part replaced

[/edit]

[Edited on 11-05-2010 by Neo]
chunk89

11th May 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do not buy one, worse mistake i ever made buying one
Neo

11th May 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, Why ?

Seemed to like the GT enough http://c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=473056

[Edited on 11-05-2010 by Neo]
chunk89

11th May 10 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt, really didnt like the ride or anything, tryed my hardest to like it but wasent happening seating position was horrible felt very high up, just could not stand it
LeeM

11th May 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love them, great all rounder
FlamingCorsa

11th May 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a c2 vtr and i can easily say its worst car i owned, had done 20k miles on 55 plate when i had it and the fuse box cought fire when i was not in the car or even by the car, luckly someone noticed smoke coming from it and i got battery disconnected straight away!

after that sometimes it started sometimes it didnt, spedo was intimident, oh and normally just had 1st and second gear!

could cruse at 48 in second tho so it was ok, just a bit loud!

was funny car was so bad! didnt realise a new ish car could be so bad! lol
skankaman

11th May 10 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Yeah I have one,

Apart from recently mine has been fine, you'll get little rattles in the back and noise in the cabin is fairly loud on the motorway but you soon get used to it.

Quite nippy standard. Spend a bit and they can be quick.

Stuff to check:

Because Citroens brakes are over servo'd a gentle touch should bring you to a stop, stamping the brake will snap your neck. If there is any play or you have to push hard could mean something electrical has gone.

Check hinges on the bottom flap of the boot

Washer Motors are prone to breaking

If you hear a whistle whilst driving, its the manifold bolts, just need tightening (so don't stress and get a garage to rip you off, its a common fault)

I'll have a think what else

Yee was lookin at the figuers and they seem pretty nippy standard not to bad of an insurance group aswell compared to other 1.6's and the power they offer.

Yee heard about the manifold bolts not to worried about that. Thanks for sheeding some light on them they doo seem like a good little car tbh

Cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C2 vts 22 database queries in 0.4135039 seconds