corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa 1.2 Semi-Auto

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa 1.2 Semi-Auto
han26590

User status: Offline
13th May 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, i dont know if this is the right thread or not, so sorry if its not

I really need some help as i have a prob wit my 2003 semi auto.

When i started it in auto mode and went to pull of it wouldnt move, it was as if somethin was holdin it back. Then when it went there was a bit of a bang.

Then when i put it into manual mode, i noticed that the gear stick felt totally different. Before it was really tight, smooth, and glided, But now it felt lose, clangy, and as if it was grinding over somethingg - It is driving fine and changing gears fine its just the feeling of the stick thats changed.

It is still under warranty so today i took it back - 50mins later they ring me and say its fine it glides like silk! However, it feels totally different to what it was before, my boyfriend can also note the difference as it also bangs more when you change it from auto to manual mode. The garage are basically saying theres nothing wrong with it.

If any one can give me any advice on what to say to the garage or what it could be that would be great - as i dont know much about cars and need help, as i want it back to how it was!

Thanks very much
Kevxx

13th May 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check your gear linkage
han26590

13th May 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks, i will suggest that to the garage - what would that cause to happen then?
Kevxx

13th May 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it's loose, it'll just make it hard to select gears, may grind or need a good push to get into gear, pretty much what your describing.
han26590

13th May 10 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks i will suggest that too them. Ive spoken to corsa and they have suggested that a spring could of broke, could this be the case? I feel the garage are just trying to mug me off as there saying its fine!

New Poll