corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Share Trading?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Share Trading?
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
14th May 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many of you on here do much share traiding? If so what company / bank do you trade with & how do you rate them?

Had many good trades thats made you alot or lost you alot?

Just starting out my self and wanted to see how every one else gets on?
GSi Ghost

14th May 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have a shareholding account. TBH Im not fully clued up on all the intricate details of it. I set up the account through Lloyds and you can only trade with companies in the FTSE. You can set up different types of accounts if you want to purchase shares outside of the FTSE.

Ive purchased some shares earlier this year and just monitoring them at the moment. They grew quite well but in the past week theyve dropped by about 20%. Still in the green though. I plan on pulling them out in about a years time if the country recovers well from the reccession i should have made a healthy gain.

if youve got an iPhone then Bloomberg is a very good financial app and its free!
Cavey

14th May 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul used to do it, Paul_J I think?

Was a couple of others as well
ed

14th May 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend does it and he seems to do quite well every now and again. Quite risky business though!
James

14th May 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I trade with Merrill Lynch, they are excellent
AlunJ

14th May 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to do mine through the motley fool website. I invested in arriva, company I work for, during the slump. Had to sell up to buy my house, last month I could have doubled my money as well :-(
Skylined

15th May 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking into this as well, just set up an account with an online broker.

My mate started off with a grand and over a year has upped his portfolio to 5k.

He just recently made a grand in a week from them finding oil in the falklands, oil company shares went up 200% in a few days....devvo'd i missed out on that

Still worth investing in though as they think it could go up to 6 pound a share, it's at 2 atm
John_C

15th May 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^thats speculating not ivesting

i trade with iii

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Share Trading? 22 database queries in 0.2783449 seconds