corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » snooze

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author snooze
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
17th May 10 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many times you smash alarm clock? 2 to 3 every morning for me.
Marc

17th May 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About the same.
Whittie

TV comes on in the mornings, would be quite annoyed if I smashed that up tbh.
Tommy L

2, sometimes 3 times
mike56gte

6 times its the limit before the alarm stops going off
C2RL R

17th May 10 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm always awake before my phone alarm goes off, i fucking hate not sleeping right through the night.
Budgie

17th May 10 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
i'm always awake before my phone alarm goes off, i fucking hate not sleeping right through the night.

im always awake a min before the alarm goes off.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

17th May 10 at 08:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the mrs wakes me up on average 3 times, i think she'd be quite annoyed if i smashed her up

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Paul_J

17th May 10 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alarm goes off at 7:20 ... I get out of bed about 7:50 - the snooze is about 5 minutes.

... 6 times then
C2RL R

17th May 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone else get really pissed off with the sound of their alarm? i've had loads of different ones over the years and they all do my head in.
Steve
Premium Member

17th May 10 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my alarm is set for 7:25 however i dont get up until 85, my snooze goes off every ten mins so thats 4 times in total
Fro

17th May 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually put pone somewhere so I have to get up to turn it off. Stops me snoozing it.

Usually about 3 or times when i do go on a snooze spree though.
C2RL R

17th May 10 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you not end up getting up, snoozing it then getting back in bed? i used to do that all the time so putting my alarm at the other end of the room didn't work. i even got one of them helicopter alarms that you cant turn off til you find where the flying bit landed and put it back on the base. that didn't work for me either.
AndyKent

17th May 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine goes off about 7.15 and I get up at 7.35ish. Problem with mine is that it only snoozes twice for 5 minutes each, then I have to re-set it at 7.25 to go off again
djgritt
Premium Member

17th May 10 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I snooze mine for about an hour in total, sometimes more.

I hate trying to wake up.
Paul_J

17th May 10 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
does anyone else get really pissed off with the sound of their alarm? i've had loads of different ones over the years and they all do my head in.

Yes...

I've been through a few and the best one I've found is this cheap one I use now. It doesn't make me feel like someone is electrocuting me.

- I had an idea for an iphone app, which was a alarm which actually does a good job of waking you up in a range of time.

e.g.

Say you want to be woken up in a space of 30 mins.

It starts with gentle sounds quietly, like running water, waves or birds tweeting quietly. This noise is soothing rather than aggressive, even if you are now awake, you can sit and listen to it quite happily. Over the period of the 30 mins it gently wakes you up, potentially getting slightly louder all the time... the screen will also start to alluminate.

As you approach the 5 min mark, another noise will start to play, making you start to have to wake up.

As it approaches the 2 min marker it gets louder and vibrates... gets worse till 0.

... The point of this, is that it allows you to wake up gently, then sit there lying half asleep (like when most would be hitting snooze) in the knowledge that there is a safety net.
Steve
Premium Member

17th May 10 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul i imagine your the type of bloke that comes up with all these wacky ideas for things you find on sale at petrol stations for a fiver
Colin

17th May 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When im home, I sleep right through the alarm.

When im at work im either awake before it goes off or up on 1st alarm.
Fro

17th May 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
do you not end up getting up, snoozing it then getting back in bed? i used to do that all the time so putting my alarm at the other end of the room didn't work. i even got one of them helicopter alarms that you cant turn off til you find where the flying bit landed and put it back on the base. that didn't work for me either.

Naaa once I'm up I just get on with the day.
Colin

17th May 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

Yes...

I've been through a few and the best one I've found is this cheap one I use now. It doesn't make me feel like someone is electrocuting me.

- I had an idea for an iphone app, which was a alarm which actually does a good job of waking you up in a range of time.

e.g.

Say you want to be woken up in a space of 30 mins.

It starts with gentle sounds quietly, like running water, waves or birds tweeting quietly. This noise is soothing rather than aggressive, even if you are now awake, you can sit and listen to it quite happily. Over the period of the 30 mins it gently wakes you up, potentially getting slightly louder all the time... the screen will also start to alluminate.

As you approach the 5 min mark, another noise will start to play, making you start to have to wake up.

As it approaches the 2 min marker it gets louder and vibrates... gets worse till 0.

... The point of this, is that it allows you to wake up gently, then sit there lying half asleep (like when most would be hitting snooze) in the knowledge that there is a safety net.

Sorry to break this to you mate, but theres already an i-phone app which monitors your sleep patern through the night & awakens you at an optimal pre-determined time
BarnshaW

17th May 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it really matter how many times the internet smash their alarm clocks? Just smash it however many times you want, you dont need a thread to ask if other people do it.
C2RL R

17th May 10 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if someone made that iphone app i'd have to buy an iphone as thats a quality idea!
Rammer

17th May 10 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always sleep through alarms i have to be literally dragged out of bed.

Ive smashed two windows launching the alarm clock at them in the past ..grrr i hate mornings
C2RL R

17th May 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
does it really matter how many times the internet smash their alarm clocks? Just smash it however many times you want, you dont need a thread to ask if other people do it.

has this thread hit a nerve? did you lose someone close to you in an alarm smashing incident? moody fucker!
BarnshaW

17th May 10 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW

has this thread hit a nerve? did you lose someone close to you in an alarm smashing incident? moody fucker!

sorry, who are you?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » snooze 23 database queries in 0.0126128 seconds