corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorcycle day - Carbon fibre fitted

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorcycle day - Carbon fibre fitted
Daimo B

User status: Offline
23rd May 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a great weekend weather wise eh

I needed to have an upgraded clutch driveshaft replaced which was a major job. Gearbox, clutch out of one side, and water pump and altenator out from the other side, with the driveshaft in the middle. That took about 3 hours. It hasn't failed, but I didn't want it going bang on me in France and destroying the engine and my trip but all sorted. Usually a £900 job inc labour, but god I love dads sometimes Him and another friend with a Benelli also discovered a few loose altenator bolts, and a burnt wire. All fixed now though and good for another few thousand k.

I also had a new reg plate made up, but i've got a better not quite legal one coming.

I had all my carbon arrive after sending 1 part back due to a few scratches. I'd dropped it off with my old man and he brought it with him. I set to work fitting the tank sides, top and chain cover. I took rode it home and took the tape off, and it needs a little more sealent at the joins and tank side tops, but im well happy with it. I got rid of the warning and fuel stickers too.

Before.

After. I'll get some shots outside next time but i'd already put her away.

Then then my mates popped down, one of them running in his new Aprillia Tuano he collected saturday, found some new cheap summer gloves and bimbled home to watch all the bike racing Didn't do so well in that fantasy league though, bugger.

All in all, good weekend Bikes practically ready for the road trip, can't fooking wait
John G

23rd May 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just stunning mate, love it!
Balling
Premium Member

23rd May 10 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great improvement, I must say!

However, it makes the fake carbon of the "Tornado Tre" sticker below the fuel cap look even more gay. Should remove it or replace it with something not pretending to be carbon.

N16K

23rd May 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cf looks stunning.
Daimo B

23rd May 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balling its an extra optional offical Benelli one, it goes quite well in real life.

Heres some shots of a test ft of my panniers, and also some shots of the gearbox etc dismantled.

Need some shorter bungies though

Daimo B

27th May 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooo new reg plate turned up today as well. And I realised I never put on the gearbox/engine pics.

That gear sprocket in the top middle, in above shot, that and its rod had to come out. The rod has to be knocked through from the other side and pulled out the above side. The gear then comes off, but between the engine is a load of drive gears inside the engine, and if these dropped as we removed the rod, the bike engine was history so nervy times. But luckily is swapped over ok You can see the rod inside that circle on the top left in the below shot. In that gap to the right in the top picture, I could see my rods and crankshaft. It gave me a semi.

And good times, D4 MOB is now D4MO B Gone down to 8x6 instead of 9x7. Not so sure on 3D though Should have gone plain black.

[Edited on 27-05-2010 by VXR]
Nick-S

27th May 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Realy is a good looking bike. The CF looks grate.
Was following one through chester the other week. 3 pot noise
fresh_creps

27th May 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gorgeous bike mate,love it!
Graham88

28th May 10 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice
whitter45

28th May 10 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lovely bike
Daimo B

28th May 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers all.

Took the plate home last night thinking, "its a little big?"

Put it up next to my current, its about .5cm BIGGER than the other one

Called up the company this morning, explained the wrong size. I asked also if they were making a new plate, could they just make a plain text plate up instead, and i'd be happy to send this plate back.

They said keep the above one, and they'll send me a new one, so good times.

tbh, the one above i was dissapointed with, it looked far more chav than I thought, and is another reason to get pulled. Least with a plain text plate, only 1" smaller i should get away with it a bit more

21 days, god its draggggginngggggg
whitter45

28th May 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where are you off to
Daimo B

28th May 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st day we're heading to about 50 miles south of Geneva in a lovely little mini Venice type town called Lac D-Annecy. Really pretty town. Then from there we just head into the alps, down to the south coast, back up across northen Italy possibly. Up through switzerland/Austria, into Germany. Possible stop at Nurburgring, and then if funds allow, we MIGHT ride up to northen Holland to watch the MotoGP at Assen.

Lots and lots of miles. Going to be epic though, so can't wait
SXIBLK

28th May 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv seen the latest two bikes on here and it makes me really want one hmmm summer toy ?
Marc

28th May 10 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not in to bikes, but I do like that!
whitter45

28th May 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
1st day we're heading to about 50 miles south of Geneva in a lovely little mini Venice type town called Lac D-Annecy. Really pretty town. Then from there we just head into the alps, down to the south coast, back up across northen Italy possibly. Up through switzerland/Austria, into Germany. Possible stop at Nurburgring, and then if funds allow, we MIGHT ride up to northen Holland to watch the MotoGP at Assen.

sounds awesome

safe riding
whitter45

28th May 10 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

sounds awesome

safe riding

Out of interest what range do you get from the bike and what is the tank size - Only ask as my dad has a bike and he gets quite a good range from his
Daimo B

28th May 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On this bike I think its a 17l tank which will get me about 90-110 miles (hoping for the upper end, but it runs about 30mpg which is terrible for a bike).

My Bandit though has a big tank about 21l, and the best so far is 223 miles. She runs in the 50mpg region I think.

Sensible - Take the comfy upright sitting economical reliable Bandit.

Insane - Take a fuel guzzling fragile bent over sportsbike position possibly won't make the full trip Italian wired bike.

But it'll make sense when I hit those smooth flat roads on the Val-Disaire
Aleex

28th May 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

out of curiosity where do you live. i saw one of these on the weekend steaming through cornwall, probably not you but youe never know!
Daimo B

28th May 10 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nahhh im up in Kent. Theres quite a few of us who own them, we're just scattered.

Most of them live mid/north england.
Aleex

28th May 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah never mind. gorgeous bikes tho.
ed

28th May 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Col de l'Iseran isn't all that smooth
Graham88

28th May 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

French/German roads were amazingly smooth
Daimo B

28th May 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The roads we've chosen are alrady well know to be smooth, flowing, lots of bends, not so many straights, up and down mountains

Germany will be more flat, with more woodland.

Italy looks like straight roads. Might not even go there yet and just hang around the alps instead before coming up again via Germany.
ed

29th May 10 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The road from Bourg St Maurice to Val D'Isere is all cracked and gravelly from the snow. Great drive though. Never been able to get further than Val D'Isere though as I've not been in the summer. Had to pay mega bucks to go through the tunnel into Italy last time as you couldn't go the whole way along the Col l'Iseran.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorcycle day - Carbon fibre fitted 23 database queries in 0.0145571 seconds