corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » u-pull-it

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author u-pull-it
mike56gte

User status: Offline
26th May 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was along at u-pull-it scrap yard today in inverkiething and was amazed at how well orginised it is you pay a £1 to get in and remove the parts yourself. but unlike the other scrappies in my area you arent trolling through 6inchs of mud and climbing up a stack of 10 cars that was build by some chav in a forklift all cars are on the ground with plenty of space round them and are sorted into manufactures aswell so you only need to look in the one section its so easy. anyone else think they are far better than most scrappies or are the quality of scrappies in my area just shit?

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by mike56gte]
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My local scrappy sounds like the ones round your way, piles of cars in no particular order covered in mud with any half decent bits missing most of the time.

They're probably more organized because it's a proper national company unlike the random independent scrap yards like you usually get.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
sand-eel

26th May 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never knew about this place any BMWs?
Why do you have to pay to get in? hardly a nightclub, are the prices about average?
mike56gte

26th May 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
My local scrappy sounds like the ones round your way, piles of cars in no particular order covered in mud with any half decent bits missing most of the time.

They're probably more organized because it's a proper national company unlike the random independent scrap yards like you usually get.

yeah and the car you want is always at the top of the pile!
sand-eel

26th May 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually just checked the site, yes there is.
mike56gte

26th May 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Never knew about this place any BMWs?
Why do you have to pay to get in? hardly a nightclub, are the prices about average?

loads of bmw's. well and exaust manifold cost me £15 and i got a couple of molded mudflaps (which looked about new) for my corsa for £1. its worth paying to get in. they also have special days where they give you a wheel barrow and what ever you can fit in it you can have for £25
Anty
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like a rumage among the cars, non sorted ones are the best
mike56gte

26th May 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Anty

you still get to rumage you just less dirty and stressfull
sand-eel

26th May 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to go to this place
ed

26th May 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good. The one I used to go to was so dangerous it scares me thinking about the times when I've been climbing up piles if cars to get a fucking wingmirror or something
Gareth F

26th May 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Um hate to better you but theres a massive scrap yard near me thats free to get in, all cars are sorted into manufacturers, lots of space, not stacked, walk about on your own, remove everything yourself, they will lift the car if you need to get under it. Always get bargains, got to know the owner and the lads who work there so get decent prices.
Didnt realise this wasnt the norm.
c18xewoody

26th May 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds good but its no fun unless you climbed on top of a five stack risking your life for that bit of dash you cant get anywhere else
Eck
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's good. I went to the other part of it where you essentially pay for the car, without the ability to take it away. Paid £175 for a 106 XSi and stripped absolutely everything off of it! You can get the engine removed too!
AlunJ

26th May 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dedicated vaux scrap yard by me is f**kin shit tbh, never bloody got anything I need and when they do if you get the wrong bloke they will try and rip you off
mike56gte

26th May 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
It's good. I went to the other part of it where you essentially pay for the car, without the ability to take it away. Paid £175 for a 106 XSi and stripped absolutely everything off of it! You can get the engine removed too!

yeah i seen alot of cars had prices on them there was an omega estate there full leather interior and a 3.0 v6 it was £200
mike56gte

26th May 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F
Um hate to better you but theres a massive scrap yard near me thats free to get in, all cars are sorted into manufacturers, lots of space, not stacked, walk about on your own, remove everything yourself, they will lift the car if you need to get under it. Always get bargains, got to know the owner and the lads who work there so get decent prices.

sounds the same apart from i need to pay a £1
Gav8v

26th May 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love climbing inbetween stacks of cars only bit of excersise i ever get ... lol
Eck
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

yeah i seen alot of cars had prices on them there was an omega estate there full leather interior and a 3.0 v6 it was £200

Aye you pay £200, and they'll put it on a couple of stacks of tyres so it's raised for you to do whatever you wish! You basically get that day to tear it apart, taking whatever you need. And if you want they will remove the gearbox and engine for you. Some of the cars and prices are damn good!
Nath

26th May 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blimey, my local scrappy is shady as fuck.
Mertin

26th May 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember kneeling on a parcel shelf in snow, mud and glass taking the black interior trim from a corsa sport years ago when I bought my GSi interior
mike56gte

26th May 10 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

Aye you pay £200, and they'll put it on a couple of stacks of tyres so it's raised for you to do whatever you wish! You basically get that day to tear it apart, taking whatever you need. And if you want they will remove the gearbox and engine for you. Some of the cars and prices are damn good!

its pretty handy that they take the engine out for you. will need to pop in every so often cant be long before a cavi/calibre turbo comes in
Tedney

26th May 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a U-Pull-It near me aswel and I love it lol. Everyone is usually helpful and easy to talk to, the cars are not the usual crap at the scrappy (like rusty etc) and the finds you can get are quite good with the added bonus of it being a bargain.
mike56gte

26th May 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tedney
There is a U-Pull-It near me aswel and I love it lol. Everyone is usually helpful and easy to talk to, the cars are not the usual crap at the scrappy (like rusty etc) and the finds you can get are quite good with the added bonus of it being a bargain.

yeah the prices seem very reasonable and there was plenty of desent cars
Cole

26th May 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F

bridges by any chance
Anty
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Anty

you still get to rumage you just less dirty and stressfull

thats what i love dirty n stressful

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » u-pull-it 23 database queries in 0.0188301 seconds