corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tre Tornado Pics

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tre Tornado Pics
Daimo B

User status: Offline
30th May 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tre being 3

3 cylinder,x3, 3 bikes. Went out for a bimble today with my dad and another friend. Tea and scrambled egg on toast in Rye, then off to my nans for more tea and bacon sandwich, then off to my dads for tea (no cake ). Got a small oil leak from where we done the repairs last weekend. That should just be a seal behined the altenator, but i'll still leave my old man to do it for me .

Tornado Tre (mine, boggo standard version)
Tornado RS (less than 30 in the UK)
Tornado LE (less than 150 in the world)

Spot the differences

Carbon weaves under paint, spanktastic...

Policey man moved his car back to give us more room They "clamped" (big bit of wire wrapped around wheel) a polish trucker for something, and like France they can issue on the spot fines and not allow the truck to continue until its paid

[Edited on 30-05-2010 by VXR]
Marc

30th May 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice Damsel, whats the differances?!
Graham88

30th May 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oakdene looks dead!! Bet those 3 got some attention, look good
Ojc

30th May 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We saw a red one at the 'Ring, we said it was you mate.
Daimo B

30th May 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew i'd come up at some point

Marc,
the LE is a high spec shell, all carbon fibre panels, fuel tank, magnesium wheels, exhuast and engine casing, dry clutch, Ohlins suspension F+R and a different cam profile to my engine. Also got uprated engine internals, and a quick release wiring loom.

RS is a later version than both the others. Comes with bigger front suspension, slightly more power, magnesium wheels and radial brakes. Basically a facelift Tornado to bring it up to date a little.

They don't really make the 900cc Tornados anymore, but have put a 1130cc triple engine in the latest version.
xa0s
Banned

3rd Jun 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know much about 'em really but always loved 'em. I've always been intrigued by the rear fans, why are they needed?
Daimo B

3rd Jun 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No radiator in the front like every other bike. Rad is mounted under the rear seat unit. It has an air feed either side of the bike into the rad, then continues into the rear fans (rad fans basically). When it gets hot they spin and suck air through the rad cooling the coolent. Makes the front end very thin, and also improves the weight distribution over the bike. Turns in really really well, just high speed mid range corners it suffers with a bit of front end wobble. Something im learning to play about with to sort out. Will take time though, but shes going no-where.

[Edited on 03-06-2010 by VXR]
xa0s
Banned

3rd Jun 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Epic, any other bikes do this? Is it a good idea in your books? If so, why is it so 'rare'?
Daimo B

3rd Jun 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope no-one else. just don't think anyone else came up with the idea tbh and now its IP'd so no-one else can copy it.

They did enter WSB with the bikes when it was the 750/1000cc twin days. It done better than the Petronis triple did, but that year the IL4's went to 1000cc and it was instantly left behined like the petronis bikes. Its a shame as it could do with some WSB development, and if they had continued properly they 1130 would be a much better bike.

Bike designer is quite a famous designer. Adrian Morton, who also designed the new MV Agusta F4 and had a hand with the old one by Tambarini
deanmcreynolds26

3rd Jun 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look really nice them, liking the one with ohlins on front same colour as yours,

what sort of power difference is there between the 3??
Daimo B

3rd Jun 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really too much. The LE is much lighter and has a little more top end, but the RS I think is a little quicker with a different cam profile and a little head work. Mine is about 125bhp, the LE and RS around 130-140bhp.

The better plate turned up the other day. D4 has a new home

Jambo

3rd Jun 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo opened thread hoping for pictures of a plane, hoping not to be dissapointed by a thread with pictures of some dusty wind...

and it was a thread about bikes

Very nice though Daimo

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tre Tornado Pics 22 database queries in 0.0123959 seconds