corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First Crashes?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First Crashes?
Thorpie

User status: Offline
5th Jun 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well guys, i don't know if this has been done before, but i couldnt see it on a quick scan through, basically, describe, in no more than 1000 words your first crash in a car, whether it was a tiny bump in a car park, or going into a field at 50mph, as long as everyone is okay to speak about their experiences

i'll start off, as only ever had one 'crash' in a year driving, but wasn't as bad as it could of been, and never even had the need to contact insurance, all i did was damage a wing and smash a headlight on a wall

anyway, it was in my first month or so driving, and was cruising in my bros 1.8 cavbus, thinking i was the dogs, until it got a bit wet and greasy and at a place with a 90' left into a 90' right down a hill, where an oil tanker spilled a few years ago, none of this i knew beforehand :L
anyway, ended up sideways round the top corner, went down and got it sideways the other way, got about 20m down the road after both corners and the car finally decided to grip, throwing everything one way, up onto the curb and into a wall.
looking at how far i managed to get the car now, and considering how much worse it could of been (see at least a car through the same wall every year) im quite happy this was my first and only 'crash' so far, certainly taught me a lot about handling oversteer, which seems impossible to get in a corsa but i learnt form it, and can only get better by making mistakes ey

[Edited on 05-06-2010 by Thorpie]
John

5th Jun 10 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wrote my car off by going far too fast round a corner in the wet, bottling it then braking, span a few times then hit a wall.

Made excuses at the time but it was nobody's fault but my own.
c18xewoody

5th Jun 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i handbraked my mini into a parking space aka russ swift stylee and it went straight in dead square shame there was a car already in the space lol
Colin

5th Jun 10 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st crash was approx 8yrs after passing my test. I rumped the arse of a 106 at a roundabout. He had pulled away, then car cut out, I saw my space (big sweeping roundabout) hoofed it, looked back & was about 2m from his bumper accelerating with all the 1.9PD had to give.

My fault (even though his car conked out & had no brake lights on) & cost £3500 to repair.

Man lived around the corner from me as well!!
AndyKent

5th Jun 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrote off my C after pulling out onto a crossroad while another car was coming. She hit the back quarter and spun me round.

My fault since I obviously didn't see her coming. If the car had been a bit quicker pulling away she would have missed me though
c18xewoody

5th Jun 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
1st crash was approx 8yrs after passing my test. I rumped the arse of a 106 at a roundabout. He had pulled away, then car cut out, I saw my space (big sweeping roundabout) hoofed it, looked back & was about 2m from his bumper accelerating with all the 1.9PD had to give.

My fault (even though his car conked out & had no brake lights on) & cost £3500 to repair.

Man lived around the corner from me as well!!

i did the same thing in another mini i had didnt cost as much but i lost my job over it
Thorpie

5th Jun 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c18xewoody

i did the same thing in another mini i had didnt cost as much but i lost my job over it

woody, i take it you haven't had much luck with minis then?
c18xewoody

5th Jun 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea but you gotta love em
N3CRO

5th Jun 10 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing I've done in over 3 years of driving is back into a wall and did some paint damage. (touches wood)

[Edited on 05-06-2010 by TheNobleOne]
mwg

5th Jun 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had a crash in 8 years of driving.
c18xewoody

5th Jun 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
The only thing I've done in over 3 years of driving is back into a wall and did some paint damage. (touches wood)

dont touch me
Alex_Rally

5th Jun 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Never had a crash in 8 years of driving.

plenty time yet pal lol
djgritt
Premium Member

5th Jun 10 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

22 days after passing my test. Wrote off my Gay Purple Corsa 1.2 LS with style

Speeding, left too little distance to brake for a roundabout which as you approach if has a small crest and a slight curve to the Right then Left as it joins the Roundabout.
Hit the crest at 60mph+ (40 Limit...) broke as I peaked, car locked up, went straight at the R/H bend, up the kerb and head on into a lamp post.
I snapped the lamp post, it was broken at 90 degrees to the ground, then it bent up at an angle where the car was parked on it and pushed over a sign from behind for the entry to the village I was leaving.

Wish I had a camera / camera phone back then... A heavily stoved in Corsa embedded in steelwork against a sign that said 'Welcome to XXXXX - Please Drive Carefully'

Entirely my fault, but never admitted it even to the police who attended - there was no skid evidence due to lots of dust on the road so they couldn't prove I was speeding... Got lucky there TBH. It did calm me down. A tiny bit.
N3CRO

5th Jun 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c18xewoody
quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne

dont touch me

will_doyle
Banned

5th Jun 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hvan't crashed in 1 year of driving
chloe16v

5th Jun 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a couple of months after driving, i bumped into the rear of a car after it slammed its brakes on to let a cop car through, scratched the other cars bumper a tiny bit, my bonnet was bent up in a V was half way to skeggy so carried on then drove all the way back later that night (2 hours away)
3CorsaMeal

5th Jun 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still not crashed, had some little knocks, like catching car on a gate or hitting a kerb in the snow, but nothing that has stopped the car
Adam_B

5th Jun 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First proper one I suppose was lift off oversteer round the first corner at the old Anglesey circuit. Car slid sideways across the grass on the inside, just missed a tyre wall but the kerb wrecked the wheel and rear beam.

[Edited on 05-06-2010 by Adam_B]
Gunny-Corsa-Sport

5th Jun 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I wrote my car off by going far too fast round a corner in the wet, bottling it then braking, span a few times then hit a wall.

Made excuses at the time but it was nobody's fault but my own.

i did exactly the same thing racing a lupo in a corsa he rit the lupo off aswell bad times
DJMartin07

5th Jun 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only crash i've had in my 3 years of driving. Was just as I got my first ncb, reversed into a car at McDonalds, was classed as both our faults, me for not looking properly when reversing, and him for speeding in a McDonalds car park, and not paying attention to vehicles coming out of parking spaces. Didn't cost me anything. I didn't have a scratch on my Corsa, his company 307 SW on the other hand needed a new door and wing. Was only a 5mph accident too.
Tiesto

5th Jun 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st crash was getting rear ended while waiting at a roundabout in the 106. Girl behind wasn't looking in front and saw it was clear from the right and went straight into the back of me while I was waiting for a car to come off the roundabout.

She got out balling her eyes out , she was quite fit though

The 106 was repaired, but for a minor shunt it did a shit load of damage.
FAZ
Premium Member

5th Jun 10 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

young + wet road + cool faz + handbrake + ditch = bye bye 5dr pink corsa

(told the cop car behind i swerved to avoid a badger)
SashaSXI

5th Jun 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In 3 Years now, only crash i have been was being the passenger in a mates cilo, He raced round a wet roundabout alittle bit to fast, skidded and lets just say his Front wheels/Brakes/Suspension were all left on the road while we were parked over a bollard on the island

Fun times.
Twitch

5th Jun 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First crash hit a tree at 70 after getting a little too confident on a wet day -.-

rolled it 100yards down the road and landed on the wheels ( was more of a flip than a roll as the roof never hit the floor lol.

Said tree.

And here is exactly what it looked like apart from while in the air i made a full spin and kept landing on the wheels each time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-esAt03rY&feature=related

[Edited on 05-06-2010 by Twitch]

[Edited on 05-06-2010 by Twitch]
AlexW

5th Jun 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Thorpie....

Your Asa's brother, he told me about your crash and showed me pics, i had to at you.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » First Crashes? 22 database queries in 0.0137391 seconds