corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man Utd debt, big fat gayer, cavmad, Marc, Jamie Theakston etc....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Man Utd debt, big fat gayer, cavmad, Marc, Jamie Theakston etc....
Nath

User status: Offline
7th Jun 10 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10237268.stm
Marc

7th Jun 10 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beat me to it
mwg

7th Jun 10 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be worse, could be Liverpool
Cosmo

7th Jun 10 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Give it time Matty G and you may be. You keep swinging you green and gold.
mwg

7th Jun 10 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not going to bother any more, I'm just going to ignore it and hope it all goes away.
Tom

7th Jun 10 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOLZ
Marc

7th Jun 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, do you remember saying how despite all this United will never go bust and someone will step in and buy the club?

Are you still of this opinion?

I'd provide screenprints but theres that many United debt threads
strick206

7th Jun 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone will always buy the club, same with liverpool, they are too big to go

Some of that article is wrong, stating ticket prices have gone up a third, which may be the case, but the article reads like it's a third since last year

The PIK loans aren't on the club as that states, the bond issue has given the glazers time to sort the PIK loans using money from the club, nothing really we can do about that

Personally i think they've got what they are doing under control, just they are playing with massive amounts of debt and it's getting too much publicity
Nath

7th Jun 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus it says they have £2bn worth of assetts.
cavmad

7th Jun 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disagree Strick and part of the problem with a lot of clubs is that they think they're 'too big' to go bust. Portsmouth thought the same (at least some of their fans did) and they're in the shit.

I don't doubt that if Abramovich ever gets bored of his toy and pulls the plug Chelsea could be in the brown stuff and the way Liverpool and Man Ure are heading there's no saying they are 100% safe forever.

I think some people are opening their eyes to football at last and realising it's NOT a business. This puts potential new buyers off and is the reason (imho) that United and Liverpool (amongst others) are possibly more susceptible to be in the shit because they're owned as a business rather than a 'toy'.

That sure as hell doesn't mean Chelsea and other clubs like that Man City for example) are safe but I'd be slightly more concerend if clubs are owned by businesses and banks than private parties.
Cosmo

7th Jun 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't mean they are safe, as any club could go tits up - but the likely hood of a united or Liverpool going bust is slim to none as they are too strong a brand to not attract a million and one buyers if they entered admin.
Nath

7th Jun 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Luton got saved there is hope for anybody tbh.
Marc

7th Jun 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
but the likely hood of a united or Liverpool going bust is slim to none as they are too strong a brand to not attract a million and one buyers if they entered admin.

I won't be needing that screen print now.

All I needed to see!
cavmad

7th Jun 10 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
but the likely hood of a united or Liverpool going bust is slim to none as they are too strong a brand to not attract a million and one buyers if they entered admin.

I won't be needing that screen print now.

All I needed to see!

Tbh Costco's comments will make it even funnier if either do go bust. Chester went pop but it's not such a bad thing (despite the very low tier we're going into) but hopefully we've more chance of long term survival because the owner/s should be more realistic with wages and what have you.
strick206

7th Jun 10 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cavmad
Disagree Strick and part of the problem with a lot of clubs is that they think they're 'too big' to go bust. Portsmouth thought the same (at least some of their fans did) and they're in the shit.

Have you just used Pompey as an example in comparison with the biggest club in the world (or one of) and Liverpool, fucking

I would sooner be run as a business like we are run now, than forever be at the risk of the russian deciding he wants out and immediately bankrupting the club, if he ever called his loans he's given chelsea they'd be gone
Marc

7th Jun 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think some people are opening their eyes to football at last and realising it's NOT a business. This puts potential new buyers off and is the reason (imho) that United and Liverpool (amongst others) are possibly more susceptible to be in the shit because they're owned as a business rather than a 'toy'.

Of course football clubs are business'. Treating them like a play thing is totally the wrong way to go about it.

You can still be a fan and run like a business.
Limecat
Banned

7th Jun 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

Have you just used Pompey as an example in comparison with the biggest club in the world (or one of) and Liverpool, fucking

They have won more than Liverpool recently. Strangely they were in a Cup Final this year too, something those dirty pawn shop dwelling arseholes would have given their next 6 months fraudulently claimed JSA money for.
Rick Draper

7th Jun 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
quote:

They have won more than Liverpool recently. Strangely they were in a Cup Final this year too, something those dirty pawn shop dwelling arseholes would have given their next 6 months fraudulently claimed JSA money for.

You fucking twat i just almost spat my brew all over my keyboard
cavmad

7th Jun 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Of course football clubs are business'. Treating them like a play thing is totally the wrong way to go about it.

You can still be a fan and run like a business.

Point me to a club in the Premier League (or any of the leagues actually) who are making money and for each one you find I'll guarantee I'll wager there's five more losing money.
There is no reason to buy a club as business unless the owners are terminally stupid or vain as they are not going to make any money at it. Liverpool and United are prime examples of this.

Strick: So in your analagy Portsmouth went bust because they're not 'one of the biggest clubs in the world' as that's crtainly how it reads? So please explain why Liverpool (who you described as the, or one of the, biggest clubs in the world owe so much money and are hovering round the end of Shit Street.

I can fully see where you're coming from about Chelsea being a rich man's play thing (and I did say they could quite easily go into the brown stuff) but banks these days get very jumpy when massive debts are owed. One thing Chelsea (and other clubs such as Man City) have is that the owner knows how much he's got without needing to borrow it from some one, or some concern, who are going to want it back one day.

I don't for a minute suggest Chelsea/Man City/whoever will never go bust but I would prefer an owner with his own dosh than someone who borrows. There's arguments either way on this as there is a couple of clubs at the evry least who had owners who then pulled the plug. Smaller I know (but just as relevant) Chester and Darlington spring to mind.
Limecat
Banned

7th Jun 10 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oldham too. I hope Chris Moore is about as popular as Costco in a straight Evertonians bar. Horrid little bastard - Chris Moore, not Costco.
strick206

7th Jun 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Point me to a club in the Premier League (or any of the leagues actually) who are making money and for each one you find I'll guarantee I'll wager there's five more losing money.
There is no reason to buy a club as business unless the owners are terminally stupid or vain as they are not going to make any money at it. Liverpool and United are prime examples of this.

Strick: So in your analagy Portsmouth went bust because they're not 'one of the biggest clubs in the world' as that's crtainly how it reads? So please explain why Liverpool (who you described as the, or one of the, biggest clubs in the world owe so much money and are hovering round the end of Shit Street.

Running a club as a business is how it should be run, you only have to look at wigan, they get about 12 people in attendance every week, yet they make a profit and are in the biggest league in the world (well, until they get relegated this coming season because the current manager is clueless)

Read my post properly and you will see i said Manchester United are the biggest club, or one of the biggest, in the world.

Liverpool and United are completely different to pompey, pompey hit shit creek because of poor spending, massive wages and also not a very good revenue

United have considerably more TV money, they get money for playing in the champions league, and they also get much more in attendance money and league finishing position money.

They also have a good wage structure and spend money on players using money they have put aside just for this purpose

Pompey went hell for leather with a corrupt manager and poor chairman buying anyone and everyone on big contracts, not actually paying for them, thus owing the clubs money, and then using all the money up to pay the wages.

I would be willing to back pompey's debt to club value ratio is also much much higher than United's or Liverpool's for that matter
Limecat
Banned

7th Jun 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Running a club as a business is how it should be run, you only have to look at wigan, they get about 12 people in attendance every week, yet they make a profit and are in the biggest league in the world (well, until they get relegated this coming season because the current manager is clueless)

Read my post properly and you will see i said Manchester United are the biggest club, or one of the biggest, in the world.

Liverpool and United are completely different to pompey, pompey hit shit creek because of poor spending, massive wages and also not a very good revenue

United have considerably more TV money, they get money for playing in the champions league, and they also get much more in attendance money and league finishing position money.

They also have a good wage structure and spend money on players using money they have put aside just for this purpose

Pompey went hell for leather with a corrupt manager and poor chairman buying anyone and everyone on big contracts, not actually paying for them, thus owing the clubs money, and then using all the money up to pay the wages.

I would be willing to back pompey's debt to club value ratio is also much much higher than United's or Liverpool's for that matter

Whilst a lot of your post was spot on I am going to have to call you a muppet for trying to slate their former manager.

He doesn't look after the financial side of things so if someone gives you a budget, you will spend it. THE Premier League is a very cut throat league, they wouldn't kiss his arse for spending nothing (only Wenger can do that as he is the second best manager in the World after Mourinho!). I am sick of people trying to slate the guy for doing what he was expected to do. Blame the directors and the money men, not the fucking manager who took then to FA Cup glory.
strick206

7th Jun 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Whilst a lot of your post was spot on I am going to have to call you a muppet for trying to slate their former manager.

He doesn't look after the financial side of things so if someone gives you a budget, you will spend it. THE Premier League is a very cut throat league, they wouldn't kiss his arse for spending nothing (only Wenger can do that as he is the second best manager in the World after Mourinho!). I am sick of people trying to slate the guy for doing what he was expected to do. Blame the directors and the money men, not the fucking manager who took then to FA Cup glory.

At what point did i slate him for spending the money? Oh that's right i didn't, if the money is there and he spends it spot on, i didn't slate him for that, i just called him corrupt, which he is

And wenger is not the second best manager in the world after mourinho, He hasn't won a thing for 5 maybe more years, and he doesn't spend money because he'd sooner rape young french/african kids.

IMO Wenger should be sacked, for failing to bring a big club like that a trophy for so long

But let's not make it a paedo wenger debate, let's keep on the debt, now i imagine you've re-read my earlier post you agree with it all

[Edited on 07-06-2010 by strick206]
Limecat
Banned

7th Jun 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, I misinterpreted 'corrupt' as you slating him. Could you state how he is corrupt?

Wenger is the best manager in the World after Mouriho IMO. For what he has spent (awaits Costco twatiing on about figures), he is THE most successful manager in PL per £ spent.

Nothing was worth re-reading Strick. I will play my Costco card and ask for screen shots and written statements from Fergie.
Cosmo

7th Jun 10 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who is the most successful per £ spent? Wenger? I'd agree with that. Mourinho would be far from the top of the list. As would redknapp.

And I think some people are getting mixed up with admin and bust. Any club or company in the world can end up in admin if they gear themselves too highly and cannot refinance at the end of any finance agreement.

Bust however is when a club/company gets to this stage as cannot find a buyer - much like crystal palace very nearly did las week. United and Liverpool are two very very strong brands, and therefore would be attractive to a lot of buyers to save from admin. Other lowly clubs (lots to choose from in the PL with extrememly poor support figures) would not be so attractive a purchase.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Man Utd debt, big fat gayer, cavmad, Marc, Jamie Theakston etc.... 23 database queries in 0.0145090 seconds