corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 brakes or 2L brakes?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author v6 brakes or 2L brakes?
Crana

User status: Offline
7th Jun 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got them both here and I'm unsure which ones to use v6 brakes look cool but my 14" steely would become quite useless
mike56gte

7th Jun 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine is in your car?
Jack1.6valver

7th Jun 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2L brakes are sufficient and alot better than any standard corsa brake but v6 brakes pack serious stopping power on a small corsa,you'd notice a huge difference! Could even try and pull off a couple of stoppies for extra street cred. Nah-meen!
Crana

7th Jun 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just a 1.4 sport I just like the way they fill the wheel up more
mike56gte

7th Jun 10 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 2ltr ones will be perfect. but if you have the v6 ones already may aswell use them. i have the v6 ones on mine and am not bothered about being able to fit 14" wheels
Limecat
Banned

7th Jun 10 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V6 brakes have a wank pedal feel.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 02:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

My old v6 brakes were perfect, i had standard hoses too

I am going for cally turbos with hoses this time
Crana

8th Jun 10 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

Pedal felt normal on my old corsa
Daimo B

8th Jun 10 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.0 16v Brakes.

Had both. Whilst the V6's have longer stopping power, I never found they had the initial bite of the 2.0.

I always preffered the 2.0.
jamesy1990

8th Jun 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both brakes have strong cases! hmmmm its a toss up at this moment in tme
Daimo B

8th Jun 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V6's look better though behined the wheels
Jack1.6valver

8th Jun 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
2.0 16v Brakes.

Had both. Whilst the V6's have longer stopping power, I never found they had the initial bite of the 2.0.

I always preffered the 2.0.

You must be joking,they must have never been bled properly,i had v6 brakes with braided hoses,didnt have to apply fuck all pressure to get that "initial bite"
Nic Barnes

8th Jun 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turbo brakes dont give this over hyped pedal feel issue.
Daimo B

8th Jun 10 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jack1.6valver

You must be joking,they must have never been bled properly,i had v6 brakes with braided hoses,didnt have to apply fuck all pressure to get that "initial bite"

They were bled properly.

My V6's had poor pedal travel. Braided lines etc helped, but my preference its a really strong initial high pedal bite. I like my bike brakes like this too.

The Corsa pedal travelled, and on mor than one occasion I had the V6 discs turning purple.

And yes, the brakes were stripped, cleaned and well maintained. Just was never that impressed by them (just like the VXR brakes, long pedal, doesn't feel like much braking power). They stopped and stopped quite quickly, no better or worse than the 2.0 brakes in terms of total braking power.

Its just MY preference was I preferred the intitial bite and feel of the 2.0's.

Whats with the beef in the reply? Are you a hardman?

On another note, I had the 288mm turbo setup, and Donna has/got the V6 284mm setup (or vice versa V6/turbo). Donna's pedal is better than mine, and whilst they stop the car ok, i'd want more braking power. But she doesn't mind them, so its personnal preference.

[Edited on 08-06-2010 by VXR]
Mieran

8th Jun 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V6 brakes are VERY heavy so unless you have a powerful engine I wouldn't bother.

Btw, sell me your V6 brakes
Bissmire

8th Jun 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got he V6 brakes with braided hoses on my Corsa, and there is definately a fair amount of pedal travel before they bite.
Daimo B

8th Jun 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also found my pedal feel increased when i went form rear drums to disks. Don't know why, but it did.
Jack1.6valver

8th Jun 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

They were bled properly.

My V6's had poor pedal travel. Braided lines etc helped, but my preference its a really strong initial high pedal bite. I like my bike brakes like this too.

The Corsa pedal travelled, and on mor than one occasion I had the V6 discs turning purple.

And yes, the brakes were stripped, cleaned and well maintained. Just was never that impressed by them (just like the VXR brakes, long pedal, doesn't feel like much braking power). They stopped and stopped quite quickly, no better or worse than the 2.0 brakes in terms of total braking power.

On another note, I had the 288mm turbo setup, and Donna has/got the V6 284mm setup (or vice versa V6/turbo). Donna's pedal is better than mine, and whilst they stop the car ok, i'd want more braking power. But she doesn't mind them, so its personnal preference.

What beef in the reply? And when did i come across as the hard man? No need to start a petty argument involving hard mens beef,unless thats what your all about. I was just puting my opininon of the brakes over as i've used both. You say your preference is a really strong initial high pedal bite,those words describe my old v6 brakes perfectly.I just assumed something may have been wrong with your brakes. Surely it makes sense? Much bigger pads on bigger discs. In terms of stopping power between 2ltr and v6 brakes which i assumed this thread is about unless i miss read the title,v6 brakes are better hands down. If we're gona run on personal preference here,nothing may ever get solved.

Crana i'd keep hold of both so if you do need to put 14s on your car you can. Try them both over time and see what YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE is
Bissmire

8th Jun 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

They were bled properly.

What beef in the reply? And when did i come across as the hard man? No need to start a petty argument involving hard mens beef,unless thats what your all about. I was just puting my opininon of the brakes over as i've used both. You say your preference is a really strong initial high pedal bite,those words describe my old v6 brakes perfectly.I just assumed something may have been wrong with your brakes. Surely it makes sense? Much bigger pads on bigger discs. In terms of stopping power between 2ltr and v6 brakes which i assumed this thread is about unless i miss read the title,v6 brakes are better hands down. If we're gona run on personal preference here,nothing may ever get solved.

Crana i'd keep hold of both so if you do need to put 14s on your car you can. Try them both over time and see what YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE is

TBH, most people i have spoken to have all said the same about the V6 brakes, they have a lot of travel before they 'bite'. Probably the reason people try to source a different master cylinder to fit, Mondeo springs to mind for some reason?..

[Edited on 08-06-2010 by Bissmire]
Jack1.6valver

8th Jun 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck knows what the deal was with mine then,barely touched the pedal at all,i remember when reversing and touched the brake slightly as you would normally slow to a stop,mine used to stop instantly jerking me back in my seat.

[Edited on 08-06-2010 by Jack1.6valver]
Nic Barnes

8th Jun 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously. Turbo calipers not v6. Far better for a corsa.
Daimo B

8th Jun 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I agree with that Nick but didn't want to post it.

Donnas has much better feel than mine and she used the smaller 284mm brakes. But I thought the calipers may be the same and just different disks, but i just can't remember that detail that far back. But I do think Donnas pedal was always far superior to mine.

jack, your text comes accross very aggressivly hence my reply.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Jun 10 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my v6ers were fine

if they were actually v6 ones and not turbo's
jamesy1990

8th Jun 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the case seems ti be heating up at a extrodinary rate i would say the 2.0's are pulling through at this moment in time but , who knows what could happen!

expect more running comentry to come folks in this exciting dispute on brakes!
Jack1.6valver

8th Jun 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

jack, your text comes accross very aggressivly hence my reply.

Thats probably because im from scotland,most people do think we sound aggressive. We're actually really nice people,ask nic,he loves us.

I dont think that text was aggressive at all,is it because i swore?

A so called hardman im guessing would write brap brap v6 al da way u wanka, u must b owt ov ur face blood! il cum dwn ur way wiv a few gees n vee6 calibers n bash dem in 2 ur fick scul! na meen!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » v6 brakes or 2L brakes? 22 database queries in 0.0146899 seconds