corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20ne corsa smelling of fuel and sqeeking when turning right :s

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20ne corsa smelling of fuel and sqeeking when turning right :s
corsa c20ne

User status: Offline
   8th Jun 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there, just got myself a corsa b with a c20ne engine. And ive noticed it smells to high heaven of fuel when i start her up then the smell sorta lingers all day lol, not sure wether its because its had the cat taken off or not any suggestions?

Also had my tracking done and ever since its been done it sqeeks when turning right, ive asked a guy at a garage who has a nova with a c20xe and he said its a common problem because the engine is slightly bigger and on full lock it can rub the gearbox houseing or roll bar. But it dosent just do it on full lock, first time owning a corsa b with a conversion so i havent got the foggyest about them lol so any help or advice would be helpfull and if anyone lives near southampton who knows anything would appreciate any time given to maybe come and look round it for me

many thanks
GTM

8th Jun 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have a GM fuel cap?
corsa c20ne

9th Jun 10 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do i know if it's a gm one?lol all i know is it's got a key hole that my key don't fit and all i have to do is turn it to take it off.
GTM

9th Jun 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT will say GM somewhere on it. My corsa stunk of fuel so i got a proper GM fuel cap off of here and its hasn't smelt at all since.
corsa c20ne

9th Jun 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill have a look but i dont think it has. how much are the proper fuel caps?
corsa c20ne

9th Jun 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a proper look, it looks familiar, looks like the replacement ones from halfords lol and its the ones that come with keys so thats why the car key dont fit.
GTM

9th Jun 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that will be your smell then, as soon as i got the GM one the smell completely went. I was lucky enough to get one off of a member on here and all he asked was for the postage to be covered. Ask in classifieds and good luck with the other problem.
lee mitchell

10th Jun 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they havent done ur tracking properly
corsa c20ne

11th Jun 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:O dont spose i can tell can i? it cost me £16 so ill be mad if its not right lol didnt make the noise before and the traking was shocking the left wheel was pointing out the side somewere. it just sounds like somthings gonna fall off its quite annoying. what you think i should do?

New Poll