corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what sorta bhp do i have from my c20ne?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what sorta bhp do i have from my c20ne?
corsa c20ne

User status: Offline
9th Jun 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys im new to this conversion business and have recently got myself a corsa b with a c20ne, i was told by the guy i got it from it had about 147 bhp lol dosent feel that fast, the only mods i can see it has are a pipe where the cat used to be a s/s middle and back box and a mushroom filter.

I also asked why it runs lumpy and he said its cammed to but i dont think you can really tell by looking, he also said its an sri engine is this correct? was excited when i got it because i wanted somthing with more bhp than the 1.8 astra sport i had which was 115bhp, and if my research is right the c20ne was 115 bhp so ive gained sod all lol is it possible with the mods its got it could be pushing near the 130 mark or 120?

cheers

damo
Mobby

9th Jun 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check if its single point injection or multi point injection
Nic Barnes

9th Jun 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the c20ne is multi point lower compression engine. Good to turbo.
corsa c20ne

9th Jun 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i think it is because its got a fuel rail and 4 injectors. do you think any of the ubove mods would have given me a slight increase in power? i know i can get a chip from v-tuning for £150 that will put it upto 130hp from stock.
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

9th Jun 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the c20ne is the 8v aint it? see i was offered one of these engines, but my 1.6 is 132bhp, so figured there wouldnt be much point! wait till the funds increase and redtop/let time
corsa c20ne

9th Jun 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

holy hell thats alot for a 1.6 lol what mods you got? and yea its the 2.0 8v id like to redtop it etc or even pop in the seh or watever it is the 130hp one, the guy did mention the car haveing a plug for the redtop and i have seen a multi pin plug floating around the engine bay doing nuthing. But ill have to do some many yrs of saving to get anyother engine and its the only car i got to goto work etc so mite be a tad difficult.
Drift_Erm

9th Jun 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its got 4-2-1, de cat, cams, engine was rebuilt and the seals were done, enclosed induction, few other bits and bobs !

its fast for what it is, hits rev limiter in 5th without needing a rediculously long road, just on most dual carridgeways u can get it top speed as it doesnt take very long.

What gearbox have u got with the c20ne??
corsa c20ne

9th Jun 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said its an f20, dont know if thats any good or not lol
Drift_Erm

9th Jun 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine 2.0l i was being offered had the F13, so only had like a topend of 120!

what do you tend to get out of yours??
corsa c20ne

9th Jun 10 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent tryed yet lol wouldnt of thought it would be much more than my astra right? had same power lol and i got 120 out of that and i think thats near its top end. only had it just over a week now just a few things i gotta do like plugs and stuff coz they had cob webs on lol mite be why it idles lumpy. i doubt its camed like i was told
Drift_Erm

9th Jun 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would imagine so, but the weight difference between your corsa and astra should be taken into consideration. I have never driven or been in a corsa with one of the C20NE or 20SEH engines, so I'm quite curious to see what they go like, a guy who i was speaking to, had the SEH with an F13 or something, he reckoned it ripped up to 110-120, Give it a good service and see how it is then, i would have thought it would be reasonably quick mate!
corsa c20ne

9th Jun 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to think its quick lol but yea a good service would do it some good and the fact that the exhaust manifold gasket is fubard same with the down pipe gasket and the bodge job on the decat which is a flexi pipe and some paste lol but ill defo let you know what i get from it when its sorted mate.
Drift_Erm

9th Jun 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah make sure you do, i'd like to know. When i first bought my GSi like 4-5 weeks ago, it had so many problems, wasnt running right at all, i too only have the one car aswell to get to work etc etc, and it been on ramps more than the road, well worth it once its sorted though
dan_16sport

9th Jun 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont v-tuning do a chip for the x16xe engines?
chrex

9th Jun 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant get an F13 on a 2.0 block!... the bell housing is waay too big! It's got to be an F16 upwards...and the F20 is the most common box to have on the 2litre engines. The F16 has got slightly shorter ratios and a lower final drive than the F20.

I had an SEH, cam, ported & polished etc running on R1 carbs and i loved it, swapped it for an XE and it was the biggest mistake i made. I should have had an XE bottom end done and thrown the 8v head i had onto that. Would have made a huge difference.

Want it back tbh! The NE though is prime for a turbo conversion

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by chrex]
grubz172

9th Jun 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrex
you cant get an F13 on a 2.0 block!... the bell housing is waay too big! It's got to be an F16 upwards...and the F20 is the most common box to have on the 2litre engines. The F16 has got slightly shorter ratios and a lower final drive than the F20.

I had an SEH, cam, ported & polished etc running on R1 carbs and i loved it, swapped it for an XE and it was the biggest mistake i made. I should have had an XE bottom end done and thrown the 8v head i had onto that. Would have made a huge difference.

Want it back tbh! The NE though is prime for a turbo conversion

[Edited on 09-06-2010 by chrex]

you can but have to change the flywheel iirc
chrex

9th Jun 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i offered an F15 up to the SEH before it went in the car as there was one of these threads at the time....and it was nowhere near fitting. The bell housing on the box was too small to fit. If i am wrong then fair enough, but i was sure that there wasnt a way to make it work..

Tbh i wouldnt put a small block box on anyway especially on a 20XE, as the power/ torque will tear it to bits!
Corsaboy8v

6th Feb 13 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tooo get small block box to fit a bigblock you ave to space the gear box off the enginee
AndyCorsaSport

6th Feb 13 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fit a flux capacitor like the above guy.
Mr-SEH

7th Feb 13 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsaboy8v
Tooo get small block box to fit a bigblock you ave to space the gear box off the enginee

No you do not I ran seh on small block box f15 I just used astra mk3 diesel flywheel and clutch and bolted it up
sc0ott

7th Feb 13 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This threads over 2 years old.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what sorta bhp do i have from my c20ne? 22 database queries in 0.0121059 seconds