corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » AA cover

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AA cover
Chris
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Jun 10 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been having a look at resigning for the AA.

Nice little bit of information on General Terms & Conditions sec 1 sub n

Participation in sporting events

Assistance for vehicles broken down as a result of taking part in any “Motor Sport Event”,
including, without limitation, racing, rallying, trials or time-trials or auto test. However, for
the avoidance of doubt, the AA does not consider “Concours d’elegance” events, track test
days for road-legal vehicles or rallies held exclusively on open public highways where
participants are required to comply with the normal rules of the road, to be Motor Sports Events.

So am i right to understand if you blew your diff on a track day your cover for a tow home, given you car has mot etc.

Unless its a race track LOL

[Edited on 10-06-2010 by Chris]
deano87

10th Jun 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Basically you're only covered if you on a London to Brighton type rally.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds like track days are covered to me, racing, rallying, trials, time-trials or auto test are all of a competitive nature. Go to any track day and they'll tell you racing and timing aren't allowed, it's just an opportunity to drive your car without the limits that you get on a road.

I'd phone up and get it in writing first tho

[Edited on 10-06-2010 by Mike B]
Limecat
Banned

10th Jun 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
That sounds like track days are covered to me, racing, rallying, trials, time-trials or auto test are all of a competitive nature. Go to any track day and they'll tell you racing and timing aren't allowed, it's just an opportunity to drive your car without the limits that you get on a road.

I'd phone up and get it in writing first tho

[Edited on 10-06-2010 by Mike B]

That would be my take on it too and I worked for them a few years back. A track day is a 'fast driving' day and they don't have timing gear.
deano87

10th Jun 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh I get it now I read it for the 6th time

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » AA cover 22 database queries in 0.0078239 seconds