corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My PVS 2010 story lots of pics! (got my terms and conditions frew from RAC)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My PVS 2010 story lots of pics! (got my terms and conditions frew from RAC)
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
   17th Jun 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to pvs at the weekend with the gf and a few mates had an awesome weekend set off on friday 205 miles around 5 hours with stops e.t.c awesome run down beautiful weather! couldnt be any better just sat in traffic on the m6 for around an hour!, set off at 1 got there around 6 oclock quite a few people already there got camp set up and started drinking!.
on the saturday i decided to take my car up the strip first time ever doing so first run was against a stripped out corsa with a 2 litre on throatle bodies under the bonnet,as you could guess i got beat,second run was against a 1.6 astra totally standard i won best time i got was a 17.8 had sleeping bags and stuff in the boot to i was happy with anmything under 20 tbh,then disaster!.
pulled off the strip and the car kept like locking up then going again hard to explain anyway further investigation diagnosis diff collapsed anyway after that i parked it back on the corsa sport stand for the rest of the day and enjoyed the rest of the day,sunday didnt show the car as its broke left it at the tent,me and the girfriend both whent in the drift cars which was awesome, i was passenger in the green skyline and she went in the omega all good fun!, stayed until 2pm then me and the team drove as far away from the pod as i could with my car broke ,,
if you were stuck in a que leaving santa pod im responsible was going 20 mph for around 15 miles with nasty noises coming from the gbox not good! got to tesco in wellingbrough that was the plan,rung the rac as im a member to come recover me to take me 200 miles home,id taking my drag strip tag off and cleaned the windows,rac man came checked the car,said it wont make it home then said there not going to recover me due to goin up the strip i denied all that but he said he could see the tar up the side of my car and inside the wheel arch anyway he left me stranded after around an hour woundering what the hell; we were going to do and alot of phone calls,girlfreinds dad booked us into a hotel so we drove there seen a couple of the corsa sport members there c4 rsa? and c 5 rsa and i think it was c9 rsa? all lovely cars,
so anyway we stayed there sunday night,then luckily 2 of our friends went to the french car show and were heading home monday morning so after informing the hotel about my car we left it there just taking our clothes home and its still there now,200 miels from home! work have leant me there recovery truck and im heading down at the weekend to get it! luckly its got working security camera pointing right at it so should be all safe! so thats my pvs 2010 was an amazing weekend and wont be forgotten thats for sure! sorry for the essay and any spelling grammer mistakes heres lots of pics i took loads more! enjoy

At the toll booth

On the stand

When it was broke

On the stand again

Me up the drag strip!

Waiting for recovery that never happend &#61516;

[Edited on 17-06-2010 by SRI-LEE]

[Edited on 05-07-2010 by SRI-LEE]
RCoughtrie

17th Jun 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck mate i saw your car sitting in the hotel car park didnt know you were in trouble !! we would of gave you both a lift home we went your way
SRI-LEE

17th Jun 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep that was me thanks mate no worries we got home in the end was a nightmare though,had a look round all your cars very nice! put mine to shame next to yours! thanks for the offer think i mite have said hi to you guys in the hotel?
M Sutton

17th Jun 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good pictures mate. Shame about your car
Tedney

17th Jun 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame about the car mate. Hope you get it all sorted. Good pictures there aswel and your car looked nice and tidy when I saw it Sunday.
leon.

17th Jun 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd be ringing the RAC asking for your membership money back how the fuck can he say hes not taking your car? He cannot possibly prove you had your car up the strip cunt. Did you ring the rac back when he left?
jacko198

17th Jun 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^What leon said, i would have been straight back on the phone to them, with the guy there. What a joke!
SRI-LEE

18th Jun 10 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the comments guys ,believe me i wasnt happy at all! but he just left i was more concernd about getting home or some where to say,im getting the car back home tomorrow then il be gathering all my expenses and ringning them up to play hell! it really is a piss take
Chadicles

18th Jun 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky mate sad to hear! we was one of the many doing 20mph behind you down the back lanes to wellingbough! came into tescos aswell seen you parked up! i always thought the RAC were good and would recover you even if you did compete in an motorsport event? i used to go to college studying to be a motorsport engineer up castle combe and they always said they were the ones to go with! oh well atleast your all safe i guess!
SRI-LEE

18th Jun 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate im sorry for any delay , was a nightmare day! well thats what i thought to,im getting the car back tomorrow going down in works recovery truck, luckily i have access to it! then come monday im going to ring them up and see what there going to do about it! as i think they have messed up big time, thanks for all the comments guys will update as more happens
Dale

18th Jun 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good pvs story lee and good to speak to you!
SRI-LEE

18th Jun 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate good to speak to you to i spoke to a couple of corsa sport team but didnt get any names
mart08uk

18th Jun 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats really harsh leaving you stranded! No common courtesy at all! Badger!
SRI-LEE

20th Jun 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys anouther update

1 recovery truck-230 miles-10 hours-£100 fuel-£18 toll road fee -£10 food

after all this shes home set off at 11 30 yesterday morning arrived there at around 3 pm checked it all over no marks new dints e.t.c so really happy BUT! i had left it unlocked all week! me being an idiot must have been so tired/annoyed to rember to check if its locked before i left,luckily nothings been touched so lucky,as there was loads of drink auto glym kit camping equipment inside oops! anyway its back home was a fair adventure anyway but i was absolutly drained when i got home last night! couple of pics of the journey

were she stayed for a week

was hard work getting it on the truck!

loaded up good to go

we saw this strange thing on the way home

10 miles from home needle was on red at the motorway pulled off and rimmed it

some of the food from last weekend left in the coolbag for a week nice!!

Tedney

20th Jun 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you have it home mate and hope you can get it sorted alright.
Benn

22nd Jun 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this one of mine...

lostboy
Banned

22nd Jun 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the hell is this car on metal plates? Is it too posh to be on tarmac?

jacko198

22nd Jun 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lmao at leaving it unlocked! Very dodgy!

You going to get on the phone to the RAC?
barter

22nd Jun 10 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a mental weekend,shame about your car,but least its home and no damage

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
Why the hell is this car on metal plates? Is it too posh to be on tarmac?

its the show look,id do it if i had the plates.i think it gives it a better look.
mattk

23rd Jun 10 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good of the hotel to let you leave it there for a week

at least its home
SRI-LEE

23rd Jun 10 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Lmao at leaving it unlocked! Very dodgy!

You going to get on the phone to the RAC?

thanks for the comments guys , i love that pic i took to benn

i certainly am,im just waitring for the terms and conditions off my membership to come through so i can read through them
SRI-LEE

5th Jul 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update 2 weeks later i have my terms and conditions!, right what do you all reckon i should do? iv read in the book it says under general exclussions:

vehicles wich have broken down as a result of taking part in any motorsport event or off road activity including ,without limitations rallies stock car racing,which takes place off the road and/or is not subject to the normal rules of the road.

do i have a chance? i want atleast £100 the hotel and fuel cost nearly double that all together and im leaving them any way as there crap so what do you all think?

bare in mind i broke down at least 15 miles away so how could that be a result of the strip,cause if it is then that means if you break down in wellingbrough you must have been up the drag strip! dont make any sense

thanks for any help lee
Graham88

5th Jul 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you have shot yourself in the foot a bit by not kicking up a fuss at the time. I would still kick up a fuss the guy has taken the piss by leaving you stranded having rubber up the side makes no difference why does that mean you've been in a motorsport event? Even if you blew the diff doing a big wheelspin on the road they still have to recover you!
barter

5th Jul 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can try but when u register you give your details,so all in all.they will just ring pod and see if you did run down the strip.and they just give you some talk saying the damage started due to track action.you can try but from past experience you wont win.
Daimo B

5th Jul 10 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it had rubber in wheelarches means motorsport?

Funny, I know the UK suck ass at replacing roads, but they do do it yknow...

I'd kick up a major stink, how the bloke left you, was rude, un-helpfull, accused you of racing up santa pod etc etc.

I'd kick up.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My PVS 2010 story lots of pics! (got my terms and conditions frew from RAC) 22 database queries in 0.0793390 seconds