corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Washhand basin plughole ..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Washhand basin plughole ..
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jul 10 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my effort to have the place shining for Colin's return from the rigs, I cleaned the washhand basin with bleach The plug hole bit is silver coloured - or should I say 'WAS' silver coloured .... the bleach has discoloured and tarnished it

Does anyone know, can you buy and fit replacement bits or do they come already attatched to the washhand basin?
RichR
Premium Member

1st Jul 10 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can replace them and its simple enough to do, there will be a backing nut on the reverse side of the sink - but it involves removing the U Bend first. A new one will only be a few quid from place like B&Q, Wickes, Focus or Travis Perkins. You may need to renew the PTFE tape if there's any on it, and I always put a dab of silicone under the rubber gasket as well

[Edited on 01-07-2010 by LiVe LeE]
JadeM
Premium Member

1st Jul 10 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks I wasn't sure if it the outer ring bit was part of the actual wash hand basin! I thought I had ruined our new sink
RichR
Premium Member

1st Jul 10 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its a 5minute job; leave it for Colin
jungle

6th Jul 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a picture of it? might have one of use in the works van since i'm running about in a plumbers van even tho i'm a painter
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i'll just let it all go green & call it a feature
Andrew

8th Jul 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask the site manager if they are still building onsite. I've done the same with my shower in the on-suite. Bleach has taken the silver coating off the plug socket cover.
3CorsaMeal

8th Jul 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

detail it with halfords paint and make a progress thread imo

New Poll