corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The war, the firebrigade your opinions pls!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The war, the firebrigade your opinions pls!
SRi_Lad

User status: Offline
21st Mar 03 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a bunch of selfish, greedy, inconsiderate bastads.
Heard on the news last night that the army have had to keep 1000's of soldiers behind incase the firefighters decide to go on strike. Sorry but that really p1ssed me off.
The army are there ready to fight for the country, for it's safety from Iraq and what can the fire brigade think about, their next fooking pay cheque!
Not sure what the salary is like in the army, but considering the training, hard routines etc that they go through each day, only to know that they could be called up to fight and risk their lives at any time probably isn't anything like they should get! Probably less than the firebrigade who sit on their arses all day.
Would like to see the firefighters doing the same job as the soldiers do, that would shut them up.
The brigade always saying that they COULD be risking their lives everytime they go out on a shout, well I wonder how many fireman die a year in comparison to the soldiers.
I just think that they have lost all creditability that they have gained and they have definitely lost any respect that I had for them.
I have upmost respect and would take my hat off to any person who serves in the armed forces, they've got balls, keep up the good work.

What are peoples thought on this, have I gone OTT??

P.s. I think the brigade used to do the job for 'the love of the job' not anymore.
Gower

21st Mar 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are not allowed to strike whilst the war is on.
SRi_Lad

21st Mar 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that all you got to say?
Steve
Premium Member

21st Mar 03 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems a bit selfish if u ask me
Gower

21st Mar 03 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRi_Lad
is that all you got to say?

No, I would also like to say i saw you masturbating last night and your penis is very small.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Mar 03 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SRi_Lad

21st Mar 03 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taken from the BBC website:

Troops on standby

The Army was expected to provide cover in the event of a strike, stretching military resources during the Iraqi conflict.

Mr Prescott's spokesman said "We welcome the fact that the union has called off the strike but we would like to see them call off the threat of industrial action completely because we still have to keep 19,000 troops on standby."

On Sunday union leaders said they were prepared to hold talks with the government in an attempt to break the stalemate.

Andy Gilchrist, general secretary of the FBU, said the government had never asked what the union's response would be to strikes taking place in the event of war.

Mr Gilchrist said: "If war really is as imminent as the government suggests we would expect them to ask for the discussions as a matter of urgency."
scottscorsa

21st Mar 03 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh the firemen don;t have any of my sympathy or support after this, especially the ones up here as they are considering knocking back the latest pay offer where as England and Wales are willing to accept it.

So as far as I am concerned the helmets the firemen wear are a true reflection on what they are .......................helmets
Cybermonkey

21st Mar 03 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the union were to call a strike, john 'fat' prescott would impose a pay deal there and then. If they still went on strike, i think they would lose their loyal public backing.

Dave
Steve
Premium Member

21st Mar 03 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i rub ur helmet
OFcorsa

21st Mar 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with you sri lad. They fook me off soo much! i wouldn't give them a pay rise! there are 1000's of people wanting to be fire fightrs do sack them and employ these guys! My old man drove past them on a protest and they thought they were all high and mighty and he opened the window and shouted "get to work you lazy fookers" and he said the look on there faces was classic!
SRi_Lad

19,000 troops!!!
Cybermonkey

fuck you
scottscorsa

21st Mar 03 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bottom line is how many firemen die a year crashing on the way to a fire ?? and there you have 8 marines kiled last night on there way in to battle in a helicopter crash, and these guys are far more trained and enthusaistic folk while on less pay than some of these 2 job fat c-unt firemen !!

Right that me done as if I see firemen today I amy just let rip on them
SRi_Lad

quote:
Originally posted by OFcorsa
"get to work you lazy fookers" and he said the look on there faces was classic!

Quality
Cybermonkey

aimed at 106gti
scottscorsa

21st Mar 03 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey24
If the union were to call a strike, john 'fat' prescott would impose a pay deal there and then. If they still went on strike, i think they would lose their loyal public backing.

Dave

they already have lost alot of there public backing
Steve
Premium Member

21st Mar 03 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no u mean fuck you
Gower

21st Mar 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they should sent Andy Gilchrist out to war.
Steve
Premium Member

21st Mar 03 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they found this imposter i heard on the news today
scottscorsa

21st Mar 03 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gower

OFcorsa

I played rugby against a fireman on sat i asked him if we had to pay him to play or if we didn't would he strike and call the game off. He was a bit piseed at that!
Tommy

21st Mar 03 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the other hand our country can spend 3 million on eacb missile but they cant afford to up the firefighters wages who keep us safe all the year round.
Gower

21st Mar 03 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LoudandLow
On the other hand our country can spend 3 million on eacb missile but they cant afford to up the firefighters wages who keep us safe all the year round.

Yes but then they would have to give evryone a pay rise.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The war, the firebrigade your opinions pls! 22 database queries in 0.0161490 seconds