corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Refused service and asked to leave...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Refused service and asked to leave...
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jul 10 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went town earlier, and stopped off at Bonnie Prince pub in Chellaston on way home with the gf to grab a quiet drink.

Went in, ordered strongbow and J2O, served striaght up, no ID.

Mate had been on a driving experience at Prestwold Hall (sp) and was on his way home so decided to come with his gf to have a drink with us.

Arrived, went in and went to order his drinks (2 Magners) bar maid asked for his ID so he came and got his driving license, returned and she also asked for his gf's ID, so he got her driving license too.
Bar maid took ages looking at them, then went in the back and disappeared, so i went over.
She came back and declared she was refusing to accept his license as it was clearly a fake

Mates gf came over and produced his counter-part, and a photo of him from earlier that day on track in a Ferrari. But that wasnt enough for the three bar maids that were now involved.
Said it was fake because it had no hologram.
I said wait a minute then, i passed before my mate (2005) so technically mine must be fake too!? Produced my license and they declared mine a fake too

They then fetched the manageress who came out and asked us to leave because we had been refused service and she would not stand for us throwing things at the bar maids............wait a minute, what was that!? Throwing things the fuck has that come from

Unfortunately the manager was not available to speak to us, but 'his wife does the same job'

So we left.

Tried to call up and speak to the manager but he was still unavailable.
WTF.

Rant over. At least they're checking ID's but tbf none of us look like 12 year olds and they should surely know what ID they can accept

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Jake

20th Jul 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair mate if you were throwing things then they were well within their rights
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and they even denied having served me some 30 minute previously

Marcy Marc

nathy_87

20th Jul 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twats tbh.

You're mate have a good time, I went there couple weeks ago.
Kurt

20th Jul 10 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were they checking it right? mines ancient and has a hologram
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, really enjoyed his day, gf booked him in to drive a Ferrari and a Lambo

Said he preferred the Ferrari.

Marcy Marc

Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt

I can understand the hologram they are on about - the steering wheel one

But mine and my mates has the 'DVLA DVLA DVLA' hologram all over it front and rear

They were bending all three and saying ours were a dfferent texture to the 'real' one

Marcy Marc

Toby
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What type of pub is it?
Lawrah
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah what company is it..

Sadly the manager holds the right to knockback anyone she likes..

Take it to head office.
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greene King/Hardys House IIRC

Marcy Marc

Lawrah
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.hardyshouse.co.uk/contact-hardys-house.php
Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it run by Dr Pepper?
AndyKent

20th Jul 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you finished your drinks first
C2RL R

20th Jul 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if that place is anything like the pub chains around here you wont get as much as an automated responce from them if you complain. there is nothing more frustrating than trying to argue your point with a bar person. they just switch off and ignore you as you must be a drunk if you called in for a quick lunch time ale.
Nath

20th Jul 10 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Was it run by Dr Pepper?

Beat me to it
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Lawrah.

Marcy Marc

Lawrah
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
if that place is anything like the pub chains around here you wont get as much as an automated responce from them if you complain. there is nothing more frustrating than trying to argue your point with a bar person. they just switch off and ignore you as you must be a drunk if you called in for a quick lunch time ale.

Uusally pub chains make a lot of effort in complaint, will chace up every complaint made and offer free meal/drink..mine does anyway.
ed

20th Jul 10 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They need a UV light to see if they're fake or not. Though they can serve whoever they like.
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
They need a UV light to see if they're fake or not.

Not in this place, they were all trained to 'feel' the cards for legitimacy

Marcy Marc

Kurt

20th Jul 10 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
quote:
Originally posted by Kurt

I can understand the hologram they are on about - the steering wheel one

But mine and my mates has the 'DVLA DVLA DVLA' hologram all over it front and rear

They were bending all three and saying ours were a dfferent texture to the 'real' one

mine says doovla all over it, 2005ish, i thought it was prov ones with the nova wheel?
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 19:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno, my gf's (passed 2009) and mates gf (2008ish) both had nova wheels on.

But being able to produice a counter-part which you would think is more than enough to blow their arguement out the water still wasnt enough!?

I think the couter-part and photo was enough but they acted as they did out of embarrassment tbh.

[Edited on 20-07-2010 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

Steve
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These women will be the type of shitcunts we have at work, bullied at home and come into work solely to excercise the last bit of power they have.

Awful creatures
nathy_87

20th Jul 10 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah, really enjoyed his day, gf booked him in to drive a Ferrari and a Lambo

Said he preferred the Ferrari.

Is he bonkers? I drove the Lamborghini on my day it was bloody awesome.
Haimsey
Premium Member

20th Jul 10 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said he enjoyed the Ferrari more because the instructor guy was more talkative and involved. Lambo man just said brake and not a lot else

Marcy Marc

Limecat
Banned

20th Jul 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
she would not stand for us throwing things at the bar maids............wait a minute, what was that!? Throwing things the fuck has that come from

Right hooks I hope?

More to the point, what the fuck was SHE on about? The only time a splitarse should work in a bar is if it's a titty club and she is flashing her panty hamster for cash. Other than that they are only there to clean, not even make meals. If you want a cook you employ a splitarse, if you want a chef you employ a bloke!

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Uusally pub chains make a lot of effort in complaint, will chace up every complaint made and offer free meal/drink..mine does anyway.

If you get that Haimsey you MUST be a complete sod when you return and insist your drink is served by the splitarse in question.

[Edited on 20-07-2010 by LETGSI16V]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Refused service and asked to leave... 23 database queries in 0.2843010 seconds