corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay buying question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ebay buying question
C2RL R

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 10 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've contacted an ebay seller about an item he had up for auction. the auction had 3.5 days to go and he had 0 bids. i've made him an offer which he has accepted so now i just need to pay for it. the guy doesn't have any feedback though so i'm a bit wary. whats the procedure now? do i just get his paypal address and send it or should i get his contact details first? i hardly ever use ebay so i'm a bit clueless.
P1CK4D

22nd Jul 10 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a few ways of going about it. In this situation, i'd usually just do as you suggested by taking his paypal address, sending him the money, and ta da. BUT, with no feedback, i'd ask the seller to edit his auction, and instead of bidding, have the option for the Buy It Now price you two have agreed to. This way the sale can be traced, just in case.
taylorboosh

22nd Jul 10 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Theres a few ways of going about it. In this situation, i'd usually just do as you suggested by taking his paypal address, sending him the money, and ta da. BUT, with no feedback, i'd ask the seller to edit his auction, and instead of bidding, have the option for the Buy It Now price you two have agreed to. This way the sale can be traced, just in case.

same or just wait and bid
P1CK4D

22nd Jul 10 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D

same or just wait and bid

True. You may get it cheaper than the actual agreed price. People are put off with a seller with no feedback. I would be.
C2RL R

22nd Jul 10 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so will i not have any backup from paypal if i just send the money?
P1CK4D

22nd Jul 10 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
so will i not have any backup from paypal if i just send the money?

Yes, but, its a hell of alot easier if its an ebay sale.
C2RL R

22nd Jul 10 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate, thanks for the advice. i'll message him now.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've made an offer through ebay messaging to someone in the past. He had over 200+ feedback so I trusted him. I just sent the money through paypal then never heard from him again He's never actually used the account since, maybe he died.

Anyway, I did the usual through paypal and filed a claim only to have nothing at all refunded because I didn't buy through the correct channel which is ebay. Because he'd withdrawn all money from his paypal they literally said there's nothing to give me.

I'd be wary myself. Just make sure everything's legit and done through the correct channel imo.
taylorboosh

22nd Jul 10 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never ever pay as a gift is all i say..... although i did pay dannylad as a gift
C2RL R

22nd Jul 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit shit that brett. i've asked the guy for all his details so i'll give him a call to make sure he's not a nigerian before i send the money. it's only 45 quid so wont break the bank!
Twiggy

22nd Jul 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i had a dick put a claim in against me my paypal balance went in to neg? And they kept sending emails telling me to put funds in?

Thought that was the whole idea? If you get fucked paypal pay you out? Hence the mental charges?
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, mine was only £50 I lost. TBH I was more gutted about not actually getting the item than losing the money, it was just what I wanted and the only one available at the time

It's no big deal for that guy to create a buy it now page for you. You could even make it cost him nothing by agreeing to cancel the sale with each other at the end and he'll get refunded fees.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ebay buying question 22 database queries in 0.0124319 seconds