corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe cams (FAO broster linch warrenG phillip2)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe cams (FAO broster linch warrenG phillip2)
tomt08

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i was wondering if any of you guys can tell me the maximum degree cams i can use on standard pistons without pocketing. Ive spoken to autosprint and hes sed ill be able to use there 280* cams on standard pistons i just wondered if anyone could confirm this? also if they have had any dealings with autosprint stuff?
dean101287

22nd Jul 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not the duration thats the problem its the lift.
tomt08

22nd Jul 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case whats the maximum lift possible on standard pistons
broster
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get some 280degree cams, but then the problem you have is mapping it! What other mods does the car have, there maybe better mods to spend on. On STD engine and management best cams are a 264 duration, I'd go for blanks swell not regrinds, Newman are top of my cam suppliers list aswell
tomt08

22nd Jul 10 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other mods is a 4-1 manifold with a 2 1/4 inch system with decat and a set of dbilas throttle bodies i was thinking cams and then managment?

[Edited on 22-07-2010 by tomt08]

[Edited on 22-07-2010 by tomt08]
Linch

22nd Jul 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said, custom 288's will go in on standards, like mine. If you are getting cams, get management aswell, and you will need to put arp bolts in the bottom end to make use of the power as it is pushed further up the rev range.
tomt08

22nd Jul 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what im after but doing in stages im gna purchase the cams next and then managment and as said arps to make full use of the power can anyone recomend a decent managment on a modest budget?

Also your running unpocketed pistons linch?
broster
Premium Member

22nd Jul 10 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd do management then cams, get something a little wilder that way without fear of it not sunning properly!
tomt08

22nd Jul 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything wilder would require the pistons pocketing would it not? Im building a forged bottom end eventually with a spare engine i have and then plan on going wilder with that. On the managment front what would you recommend and any idea on prices u2u me if you wish
Linch

22nd Jul 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im running standard pistons, but like Mark says, try management before cams, with your spec you would be looking at 150bhp with good mapping, get used to that power then look at cams, gives you time to save.
tomt08

22nd Jul 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok im feeling managment is definatly the way to go now this i s why i directed this thread at you guys as i knew you would be very helpful thanks so what kind of managment doe people recomend and any idea
on prices?
Linch

22nd Jul 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Omex is always a safe bet, but can be a little out of budget.

Surprisingly iv heard the new mega-squirt is actually good, unlike the old rubbish.
tomt08

22nd Jul 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See ive heard of megasquirt but always people struggling with it didnt warren have bad experiances
broster
Premium Member

23rd Jul 10 at 05:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd pick someone to map the car then ask then what management they prefer to work with. That way you get te bet results possible

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe cams (FAO broster linch warrenG phillip2) 22 database queries in 0.0127821 seconds