corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help meee please!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help meee please!!!
bracey123

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my exhaust is hitting the rear axle and its doin my head in car is lowered but it was doing it before it was lowered as well has anyone else had this problem? and how did you solve it?
Norcy91

23rd Jul 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the same problem, havent had chance to sort it yet though.. Once i've got it sorted i'll see if you've done yours yet and let you know what i did
alan t

23rd Jul 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried using different exhaust rubbers? what kind of exhaust is it?
SXi_Tim

23rd Jul 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When mine was doing this i replaced the all the rubbers on the system and it sorted it out.
bracey123

23rd Jul 10 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just the standard one but its reallly annoying me it sounds like its goin to fall off and is really loud when it rattles, i tried wrapping a sponge with a piece of fabric round it on to the axle and tht worked to an extent haha but it kinda just burns through do u think i could wrap a piece of rubber round it? like an old piece of tyre?
alan t

23rd Jul 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any of the hangers broken on the exhaust? or the rubbers split?
alan t

23rd Jul 10 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bracey123
just the standard one but its reallly annoying me it sounds like its goin to fall off and is really loud when it rattles, i tried wrapping a sponge with a piece of fabric round it on to the axle and tht worked to an extent haha but it kinda just burns through do u think i could wrap a piece of rubber round it? like an old piece of tyre?

wouldnt really advise that tbh, the heat of the exhaust will just melt the rubber as well. how much is the car lowered by?
andys sxi
Premium Member

23rd Jul 10 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can turn the bracket so the fixing are pointing up that usually helps but i have seen daveskater use an old exhaust rubber and put it around the axel try that

April 08 feature car
bracey123

23rd Jul 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a dont kno how much its lowered by as a bought the suspension off a guy on here think theyre probs about 40-60mm tho
Daveskater
Premium Member

23rd Jul 10 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
you can turn the bracket so the fixing are pointing up that usually helps but i have seen daveskater use an old exhaust rubber and put it around the axel try that
Yep, this helped massively. There was still sometimes a very faint noise but it's nowhere near as the pipe attacking the axle

I bought new rubbers to hang the exhaust on so cut the side off and the middle bits out of an old one and tied it over the beam like so. You need two ties over it and one between them to hold them together, otherwise it falls off

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chr15barn3s

23rd Jul 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this on my old corsa but it didn't do it until I fitted an aftermarket exhaust. I changed to rubber hangers for some off a vectra which were shorter and stiffer and that cured it.
JaffaTB

23rd Jul 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i made a bracket and use a bit of wire to hold it up a bit

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help meee please!!! 23 database queries in 0.0159650 seconds