corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving convictions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Driving convictions
jibjob

User status: Offline
30th Jul 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well due to my own fault and a bit of a stupid period when i first passed my test ive ended up with a couple of convictions on my driving licence. A TT99 in 2008 and an SP30 last year. The TT99 adds atleast £300-400 on each quote i do and the SP30 adds another £100 after that. Before people get on their high horse, i made mistakes, i'll hold my hands up to it but ive settled down now and have grown out of the boy racer stage.

Now these wouldnt usually make too much of a difference but with insurance going up stupid amounts and my wages being pathetic im stuck with a dilemma and i need peoples opinions. If you were in the same situation would you remove the points after 3 years and declare them for the other 2 after that or would you just get them removed after the 3 years, change insurance company and then not declare them? I know people will say the company will find out etc etc but with the amount of stuff that happens and insurance companies dont notice would they actually ever find out? Is the risk worth the gain?

Im not saying im going to do this or have done this im just after general opinions on the matter.
Toby
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you were to crash a conference call with the dvla and your insurer would leave you worse case no ins best case q hefty premium to pay
jibjob

30th Jul 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess thats a negative but when they checked my licence it would be clean. I just dont understand why you can have a clean licence but still have to declare it for 2 years after Im going to try and find a company that only requires you to tell them whilst they are on your licence, so for the 3 years since you got them. Direct line do 3 years for claims so someone must do it for convictions.

[Edited on 30-07-2010 by jibjob]
Kurt

30th Jul 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought convictions didnt come off for 4 years?
LeeM

30th Jul 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in insurance, i wouldnt declare points once they were off my licence. make sure youre with a different underwriters, plenty of different insurers are in fact the same company
jibjob

30th Jul 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kurt it depends what they are for. Drink driving is something like 10 years, death by dangerous driving is more but i think near enough everything else is 3 but youre meant to declare for 5.

Lee when companies check your details do they just accept them from your quote or check your licence for the past 5 years with the DVLA or check with previous insurers?
Toby
Premium Member

30th Jul 10 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure tt99 convictions are four years. Also when they phone the dvla and your in the call then they will as about previous convictions in the last 5 years or did with me anyway
LeeM

30th Jul 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Kurt it depends what they are for. Drink driving is something like 10 years, death by dangerous driving is more but i think near enough everything else is 3 but youre meant to declare for 5.

Lee when companies check your details do they just accept them from your quote or check your licence for the past 5 years with the DVLA or check with previous insurers?

take it on face value, if they investigated every policy from inception theyd never get anything done!
i have dr10 by the way, thats 11 years on my licence but it was such a low reading and short ban it only affects my insurance by about £50
chrisritch

30th Jul 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have IN10 on mine. 4 years minimum. 6 points. Was deemed not in best interest to ban me as without my car i would lose job etc. Fucking daftest thing is i got oulled over for moving mums car off the drive! Doesnt really hit my insurance at all. Not if i can do it again if im insured FC lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Driving convictions 22 database queries in 0.0093610 seconds