corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » number plates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author number plates
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Aug 10 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the legailities surrounding these. MOT and police wise?

just want a plain V216 *** and nothing else, or does it need a postcode or what?
Adam_B

6th Aug 10 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its supposed to have the postcode and name of where you bought it from and a BS number in the corner I think. The ones we sell do anyway.

[Edited on 06-08-2010 by Adam_B]
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need the Supplier & their Postcode on them

Halfords ones are ghosted, so you can't see the logo/postcode clearly unless up close - mine were from Halfords;

(the bottom pair)

FAZ
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at the no1showplates, and did a quick search on here, people have used them alot, so may try my luck with them, they are advertised as legal anyway
Brett
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just got totally plain ones, like the bottom ones above. Correct space & fonts size, etc. Never had a problem. Looks gay with someone's name on the bottom, etc. Not seen many cars with a postcode on them either tbh.

[Edited on 06-08-2010 by loafofbrett]
mike56gte

6th Aug 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have pressed plates that don't have any name on them. never heard of them needing a name or postcode before
Adam_B

6th Aug 10 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THE BRITISH STANDARD
The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics on the number plate. This includes:

•Visibility
•Strength
•Reflectivity
The British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: -

•The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d)
•The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)
•The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean a company whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)
•A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters are optional additions.
•There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.
FAZ
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers
FAZ
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do guys use to fix your polates on with?

currently they have the vaux screws on
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have plain plates stuck on with double sided pads, looks miles better than with screws.
FAZ
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these sticky pads, how strong are they? ive gone off the screws tbh

any recpmendations on what / where to get?
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used sellotape outdoor sticky fixers, google them, for use in all weather so they hold up well.
mike56gte

6th Aug 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use double sided sticky pads from my local motor factors they work well.
AlexW

6th Aug 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What actually matters is the age of the car, i am preety sure the rules listed above are for post 2000 cars.

Sunz

6th Aug 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ

just want a plain V216 ***

Why did you do ***when its in your avatar ?
FAZ
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just noticed

nathy_87

6th Aug 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I have plain plates stuck on with double sided pads, looks miles better than with screws.

I used this aswell, pretty strong. I ripped my plates off (as i needed new ones) and majority of the tape was still attached to the bodywork.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » number plates 22 database queries in 0.0137911 seconds