corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » COD 4 Starwars mod beta download..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author COD 4 Starwars mod beta download..
Baz-Zico

User status: Offline
6th Aug 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check it out, not download it yet, but looks fun

http://fourzerotwo.com/post/913763790/galacticwarfare
Brett
Premium Member

6th Aug 10 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dannymccann

8th Aug 10 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the one thing I miss about console-only gaming these days, the scope of modifications is nil, whereas PC is huge, and there are some very creative people out there. Cant believe people are still making massive mods for CoD4, just shows how great it was!
Jambo

8th Aug 10 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is fucking epic

I've been saying they need to make call of duty star wars for aaaages it would be so basses!!
Nath

8th Aug 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome!
Brett
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
This is the one thing I miss about console-only gaming these days, the scope of modifications is nil, whereas PC is huge, and there are some very creative people out there. Cant believe people are still making massive mods for CoD4, just shows how great it was!

Depends how your console is setup tbh. I can play mods no problem. Bet you've never played MW2 zombies
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The PC COD modding community is still huge despite MW2 not having the ability to do so, there is still mods on MW2 however, just not many. People still make mods for UO which is 7 years old there's actually a few community modders who were that good that IW headhunted them and they now work for them.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's shit loads of mw2 mods!
Marc

8th Aug 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd buy it if they did a proper one.
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
There's shit loads of mw2 mods!

Not many really, none that you can find easily enough like on any other COD game. I've been put in to games maybe 4 or 5 times with mods and even then it's been shitty pro mod.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Undoubtedly you've been dumped in a game with a couple of dvars changed, which isn't a big deal, can be done on any cod.

The zombie games, mike myers and all other kind of modded lobbies with bots and all sorts, you'll never just fall into.

Believe me, there's loads of modded games, you're just looking in the wrong places clearly.

Any mod that can be done on cod4 can be done on mw2, it's the same engine, same dvars, same coding. Only different things are the obvious killstreaks, maps, etc. The difference is the way it's done, but modders have easily opened up MW2 with the use of the gsc's.

EDIT: I am talking consoles here btw because I'm not a PC gamer, but it's the same thing anyway. Difference being, you need a hacked xbox/ps3 to be able to host modded games, where as PC it's kind of anyone's game.

[Edited on 08-08-2010 by loafofbrett]
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm talking about PC, there's hacked games where gravity has been changed, weapons are unlimited etc but that's about it apart from pro mod.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See, you're talking about just playing on the normal playlists and then randomly being dumped in a game with a simple dvar changed. I host those every day. That is most certainly not a proper modded game like MW2 zombies or something like that.

I suggest you join a PC COD modding forum, as those sites are full of people hosting proper modded games that aren't just a variable that's been changed to make you jump higher or some bollocks. You will almost certainly not be dumped into a proper modded game type on the normal playlists, as they're private games.

The main thing you need to realise Danny, is that they're the same god damn game. People are still playing with the same dvars and same settings. The variable to change the jump height for instance is the same on every cod, regardless of version, same with every other dvar unless it's game specific (like care package mods for instance because they only feature in MW2).

DannyB
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe there is then, I'm not overly fussed to be honest as the game itself is dog shit no matter how many mods there is.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL, talk about giving up on the conversation "i know, i'll just turnaround and call the game shit"
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What else do you want me to say?

I don't play the game enough to care about what mods there is, WaW is still a superior game in my eyes so that's why I play it over MW2.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, you were the one debating it, then just turned around at the end and called the game shit

How is it superior out of interest? Wasn't WaW dubbed pretty poor over the likes of COD4 because of the sound technology it uses and not being able to pinpoint enemies by sounds, alike real life. Not forgetting the actual sound clips for weapons and stuff are utterly wank.

Only better thing about WaW IMO is the Zombies.

Jambo

8th Aug 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was ftw they should make a star wars one of that lol
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Far better gameplay, no gay million long killstraks, dedicated servers...

Sound occlusion wasnt an issue for me, it made the game more realistic if anything.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Far better gameplay, no gay million long killstraks, dedicated servers...

Sound occlusion wasnt an issue for me, it made the game more realistic if anything.

Well, you're about the only one who thinks the WaW sound setup is decent.

Game play is the same on all the cods for gods sake! They're all basically the same game with different guns, maps and killstreaks.

People who dislike MW2 because of killstreaks are usually people who can't get them themselves tbh lol I do agree in the sense that a couple of well timed killstreaks can literally make you own that game, which is unfair at times I suppose, but it's an advantage that's there for anyone to use. If you don't like killstreaks then play barebones, simple.

DannyB
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gameplay isnt the same at all, you're telling me gameplay is the same on a 60 man server as it is on a 12 man? I don't think so.

60 man CTF on huge maps is brilliant, 12 man CTF on MW2 was boring as hell.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that it? Is that your massive amount of differences, the number of players on a server? That's what makes WaW FAR SUPERIOR? OMFG well I stand corrected, PMSL

Sounds shite anyway, I deliberately stay away from Ground War because I hate it being too busy, totally takes away any stealth or skill of the game. It's just random bullets every where.

Besides, I know for a fact there's dvars to change the max players on a server on MW2 as I've seen them for myself.

DannyB
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well fucking done, what are you getting all arsey about? and yes, gameplay on servers makes a huge difference, MW2 is boring and repetative due to the fact there are so little players in general.
Eck
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hated MW2 because of the killstreaks. Could easily get them though!
Brett
Premium Member

8th Aug 10 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsey? I think you're getting upset tbh

You're the one getting all teary eyed with your "well fucking done" and "the game is shit anyway" because you can't construct a proper argument or use factual info to defend your opinion.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll