corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pinseal effect ABS plastic...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pinseal effect ABS plastic...
Rob B

User status: Offline
11th Aug 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, looking to make a front splitter for my car, i'd mock it up out of wood most likely but then would want to do it in plastic for strength and weathering purposes.

The cheapest plastic i find in a big enough size has the effect "pinseal" Anyone know what this is as google isn't telling me much.

Cheers guys
belton

11th Aug 10 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably best to call one of the places selling it and just ask mate
Rich H

12th Aug 10 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Description for leather, but imagine it's the same on plastic: http://cool.conservation-us.org/don/dt/dt2586.html

Or: http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=47984 2nd post down

[Edited on 12-08-2010 by Rich H]
Steve
Premium Member

12th Aug 10 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tell you what Rich H. I can imagine the texture of your scrotum sack is pin seal, id love to detail them with p21s

[Edited on 12-08-2010 by Steve]
sxibeast

12th Aug 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We use ABS pinseal sheet at work (a hell of a lot of it actually) and the price is good too!

We mainly use it for enclosures that go outside as it holds up well against weather. Its easily shaped with a decent heat gun to whatever shape you want (within reason of course)!

I buy ours from a company called Stephen Websters in St Albans who are part of the Amari (i think it is) plastics group.

Pinseal is also known as a 'leatherette' finish. YOu hould be able to buy it with tecture on one side only aswell!

[Edited on 12-08-2010 by sxibeast]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pinseal effect ABS plastic... 22 database queries in 0.2389882 seconds