corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Some shocking stats from my work place

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Some shocking stats from my work place
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   22nd Aug 10 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So today i was doing a LLOP ( Low Lever Order Picker) training with few other guys and were talking to training manager. On average, there is over 30k worth of stuff nicked from our depo by colleagues!

I find it very shocking to be honest. especially as there are shit loads of cameras but ofcourse there are blind spots and certain places no one can put cameras in!

Some one even managed to get a 32" TV nicked! One guy was sacked after he nicked 3 bottles of Gin or something and was caught in toilets by managers as bottles were rattling inside his bag! Turns out he is wanted by police too

Is our place that bad compared to others? What i don't understand is why people risk it even though they are paid like £8.50 an hour!?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they risk it because they are on a poor wage, so want more out of it

where do you work?
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for what they do it is a good wage! Thing is, they moan they get no bonuses etc... but budget for bonuses is wasted on covering the costs it takes to replace the stock!!

I work at Sainsbury's distribution centre run by Wincanton
Jamie-C

22nd Aug 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dads work is the same, there not aloud to take anything off the cars before they get scrapped but when there on the night shift they help them selves to all sorts

One of the lads stripped a car of its leather interior to put into his own , and my dad always seems to be getting tyres for nowt

[Edited on 22-08-2010 by Jamie-C]
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
My Dads work is the same, there not aloud to take anything off the cars before they get scrapped but when there on the night shift they help them selves to all sorts

One of the lads stripped a car of its leather interior to put into his own , and my dad always seems to be getting tyres for nowt

[Edited on 22-08-2010 by Jamie-C]

your dad works for some kind of recovery company, doesn't he?
Jamie-C

22nd Aug 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye
AndyKent

22nd Aug 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work at a regular Argos store and often on a Saturday at the end of the day they would line us all up and check we hadn't got anything in our pockets etc.

Seriously insulting at the time, but in hindsight I can kinda see why....
daymoon
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slightly different to out industry of course as stuff from depo goes to stores to be sold, where as cars just get crushed.

Still, theft is theft.

Andy, we get randomly searched too. As we clock out and go past security we hve to press a button. Either red or green light light up. Red - you get searched, green - free to go.

[Edited on 22-08-2010 by daymoon]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we used to get searched at argos

was funny to throw a little sticky sdecurity tag on someone on their way home so they got pulled into the office and searched
Welsh Dan

22nd Aug 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I worked at PC World, I got checked every day
saj_123

22nd Aug 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work at Thorpe Park and the amount of stuff that is eaten or wasted because staff are not paying attention is crazy.
Limecat
Banned

22nd Aug 10 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daymoon
So today i was doing a LLOP ( Low Lever Order Picker) training with few other guys and were talking to training manager. On average, there is over 30k worth of stuff nicked from our depo by colleagues!

A timescale would be helpful? A week, month, year etc?
pow
Premium Member

22nd Aug 10 at 23:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by saj_123
I work at Thorpe Park and the amount of stuff that is eaten or wasted because staff are not paying attention is crazy.

Ahh you work with my slag of an ex
Ben D

22nd Aug 10 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work for a company called express gifts who own Kitbag.com & Iwantoneofthose.com and 1 of the lads used to nick 25 United/chelsea/Barca/Realmadrid shirts a week and sell them And something like 140 Watch Phones went missing too, bet they made a penny too.

The funniest is that a guy aparently got fired for stealing nothing... literaly, He stole this: http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/nothing/index.html

[Edited on 22-08-2010 by Ben D]
saj_123

22nd Aug 10 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by saj_123

Ahh you work with my slag of an ex

Probably, Thank God I am only there for 2 months a year.
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by daymoon

A timescale would be helpful? A week, month, year etc?

week.
Daimo B

23rd Aug 10 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We would get the sack if we took a magazine from the yard floor, or a newspaper (recycling), so its seen as stealing their sellable product Badgers.

I once took a PC home in 3-4 parts in my bag as it hadn't been used for 8 months (you try getting a PC home on a bike ). Friday afternoon, sods law, they wanted the PC didn't they. I got it all in on monday somehow.

Scared the hell outta me, and never ever again.
alan-g-w

23rd Aug 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Place I used to work got a £30,000 1 tonne brass impeller stolen. There were all sorts of big bars of metal kicking about, if you were one of the guys that drove the forklifts and had a van you were laughing all the way to the scrappies.

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by alan-g-w]
Ben G

23rd Aug 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some group of people stole 3 £65,000 range rovers from our place
noshua

23rd Aug 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They put a poster up all around the "staff level" floor in our store, something like £1,500 worth of stock was going "missing" every week, our store is TINY.
Recaro1

23rd Aug 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I worked for Halfords I remember one bloke getting fired for stealing. He stole a mini radiator.

This wouldnt have been so bad if he hadnt told everyone how he needed a new rad for his mini. It also wouldnt have been so bad if he didnt steal the one and only thing sitting in the "special order" section that had been ordered and never collected for about a year.
bmw156

23rd Aug 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i was at morrisons, it was a sacked for theft policy, and people who ate stuff got sacked.

sainsbury loosing 30k a week, thats mental.
daymoon
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is sackable offence here too, but when 50+ people are going out at the same time not everyone gonna get searched so they slip through the net.
Recaro1

23rd Aug 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bmw156
when i was at morrisons, it was a sacked for theft policy, and people who ate stuff got sacked.

sainsbury loosing 30k a week, thats mental.

My mate worked at a cinema - the amount of hot dogs and hagen das he ate was unreal.

Didnt realise it was 30k a week! thats over a million a year. We used to steal things from sainsburys when i worked in the actual supermarket. They must loose loads

I wonder if thats why food prices have gone up - all the bloody thieving!
Root

23rd Aug 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad worked for ASDA. They had a batch of playstation 2's back when they were new, can't remember what was wrong with them now. Something like NTSC and PAL mixed up possibly? IDK but they worked fine, ASDA had to crush them all in the compacter, not give them to employees to say thanks for all the hard work, just crush them, anyone takes them (even though they're gonna be crushed), they get the sack...seems so wasteful

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Some shocking stats from my work place 22 database queries in 0.0138950 seconds