corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Shit myself today!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shit myself today!
Whittie

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was driving on the M6 or M61 towards Bolton, and a Lorries Spoiler thing (above the cabin) flew off, landed about 50 feet infront of me, luckily nobody was in the outer lane and pulled out. Was in an X5, so the debris that hit the car did no damage as it was too high.

Saw the car behind hit it with impact, absolutely shit my pants.

Has this happened to anybody else? Hate it when you see stuff like that, do the HGV drivers not do safety checks on them? (Nick)
Adam_B

23rd Aug 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did the lorry stop?
3CorsaMeal

23rd Aug 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, in my brother cars, driving down m11 and there was a air con unit sat in middle of the road, the size of a fridge.

ste_p23

23rd Aug 10 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have been the M61 mate
Whittie

23rd Aug 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes Adam, Lorry pulled over straight away. I probably should have but had a meeting in the Reebok to attend.

Jim - Would only take somebody not paying attention for 2 seconds to hit that air con unit!
3CorsaMeal

23rd Aug 10 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know was very lucky as it wasn't too busy out, had just fallen off a lorry, my bro clipped it and scuffed the bumper so really was last minute
JaffaTB

23rd Aug 10 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my way to cleethorpes once on the m180 there was a backbox in the middle of the road, then, a bit further up on the other side of the carriageway was a bag of compost

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by JaffaTB]
sand-eel

23rd Aug 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was behind a truck on some backroads and he clipped the grass verge and went up on 2 wheels, fuck me I thought it was RIP truck/driver.

EDIT - He actually pulled over after probably to have a spew or wipe bum.

[Edited on 23-08-2010 by sand-eel]
Mertin

23rd Aug 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know we / our drivers dont do check on them. Thats like checking your bumpers on your car or other body parts. Its bolted down so should be secure. Must have been damaged or bolts / brackets severely rotten?
chrisritch

23rd Aug 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my wheel arch lining came out on my saxo going down the a43 and twatted a M3

shit myself and darted off the next exit and hid lol
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Aug 10 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something like that wouldn't be checked as a matter of course.
Ben G

23rd Aug 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my under engine ''shield'' thing that stops water going into the engine bay from underneath came off on my focus whilst doing silly figures

hope no one hit it. didn't stop as it was dark and on a dual carriageway.
Fro

23rd Aug 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been hit by a wheel trim before
alan-g-w

23rd Aug 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really the same kind of thing but this makes me think about the time I was nearly taken out by a cement mixer on the backroads up Loch Lomond. I was going round a blind right hander and was met with one of the 8 wheeled ones going sideways after going into the corner too fast. Managed to brake sharply and avoid the thing but it was a brown pants moment for sure.
lisac

23rd Aug 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a bike fell off a cars bike rack in front of me, shockling landed on its wheels and bounced, swerved thankfully nothing in other lane but still nicked wing mirror. The car didnt even notice the carnage he had left behind and carried on
SAL
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We see two donkeys on the M4 a few weeks ago just walking along the hard sholder at about 1 in the morn
andy1868

23rd Aug 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some penis had left a ladder on the rainford bypass in heavy rain one day, obviously fallen off a van or something but they were just sat there in the middle of the road. fortunately they had landed length ways so i could drive over them in the van and they just clipped the splitter, fuck going over them in anything lower!
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was sitting in traffic and a small flat bed going the other way on the A13 had a fence pannel fly off it at about 70

Went up in the air and came down two cars in front on my and smashed on the barrier

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Anty
Premium Member

23rd Aug 10 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had a Giant Spanner Fall off a milk tanker, come at me.. the milky bar man didnt stop though
chr15barn3s

23rd Aug 10 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen plenty of things on the road that have fallen off trucks/cars. Worst one recently was on the m40 and I was in the work van in traffic doing about 85 in outside lane. There was a long wide sheet of dark timber so almost impossible to see which most cars were hitting as they came too it, didn't see it until the car in front drove over it, I went over in the van and because it has a wider track than a car the wheels didn't touch it and it flew up behind the van and flipped in the air. The BMW behind me went straight into it and smashed the wood into pieces. Don't know what damage it did to the car as the guy carried on passed me so obviously wasn't bothered about stopping. Also in the van had to avoid a wardrobe in the outside lane at night. Car behind was so far up my arse when I pulled to the side to avoid it they twatted it. Car stopped though and a few behind.
DaveyLC

23rd Aug 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Years ago my old man was following a truck carrying scafold poles and it dropped its load, he had a pole bouncer over the top of his car, he said he shit his pants!
chr15barn3s

23rd Aug 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always see the trucks full of logs and think of final destination
chrisritch

23rd Aug 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my stepdad had a fairground ride land on his peugeot 405 estate whilst overtaking. think it was half the waltzers
chrisritch

23rd Aug 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah and someone i know smashed into a bottle jack someone had left in the carriageway. completely demolished the sump and the underneath of the car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Shit myself today! 23 database queries in 0.1620710 seconds