corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bit of an update on wot i been doing with the VANIMAL, not posted about it for a while!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bit of an update on wot i been doing with the VANIMAL, not posted about it for a while!
FlamingCorsa

User status: Offline
24th Aug 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last time i posted i was putting r888s on it

did a track day day after french car show at rockingham and it did really well, was wet in morning and loved the damp conditions for some reason maybe cos its not all that hard the suspension and was beating most cars in thoes conditions, exige/m3/etc etc!

when it dried up other cars got faster! van was performing well tho, water temp started creeping up so rest of the day i was running around on low boost! still had a great day!

then i set about sorting the cooling issues, looked on ebay and thought an alloy rad from imprezza classic looked like water pipes were in similar place and maybe would fit, sooooooo £120 for rad and £40 on some other pipes etc and it fitted, just.........it pretty huge, up from 28ml thick to 42mm and dual core, also its quite a lot wider and deeper than standard! popped in some water wetter!

also fitted slightly enlarge top hat and 2.2 airbox

i was also running courtney stage 4 map which was good but they said that dues to me upgrading to 3inch exhaust fuelling maybe out and could be dangerous to engine, i didnt want to travel 4+ hours each way on trailer to courtney so got a eds p3.5 chip which i fitted and then could get set up by mpg which were around 50mins from me!

so fitted ecu and went down there!

courtney map was givving me 282hp and 320lb torque

with the eds 3.5 and 3inch exhaust it was doing 290hp and 350 lb torque

with some tweeking and £50 latter it was 310hp and 351lb torque, they had torque upto 380-390 but said clutch was starting to slip so turned it down, said engine seem good and turbo was still strong! :-) was veryy happy with that and £50 for a set up i thought was great!

sooooo back onto anglsey costal track! quite a small track but was a good day only got few pics but van did well, water temp was much beta! started getting knocking in drivers wheel at the end but past from that was good day:-) 8.5mpg was not great, lol

went for mot after doing few jobs, fitted new hub cos thats where knocking was coming from, new wishbone, and few other jobs!

passed mot but he did reccomend that i get new shocker for from cos it was pretty worn and starting to leak!

van with its mot wheels, which looks light rear vx220 wheels, lol

new coilovers, yep the cheap £155 raceland items with 2 year warrenty :-) hehe

wishbone to fit, uprated drop links and rear adjustable anti roll bar

rears fitted

anti roll bar fitted

wheels with some melted rubber on them from last track day!

and the car how it stands this morning, need to raise from coilover and set the up yet,

almost ready for olton park next track day in spetember i think!

[Edited on 24-08-2010 by FlamingCorsa]
marklawton

24th Aug 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me no when your doing the track day in september and ill try and pop along. my brother is doing angelsey for the first time in 8th september, is it a good track?
Graham88

24th Aug 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet it gets alot of attention at trackdays!
Adam-D

24th Aug 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i may come along in sept.... i need to sort my brakes.. suspension... and get a new job...
FlamingCorsa

24th Aug 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
i may come along in sept.... i need to sort my brakes.. suspension... and get a new job...

i am not sure on the date yet cos its a birthday present which i will find out about new week:-)
FlamingCorsa

24th Aug 10 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
let me no when your doing the track day in september and ill try and pop along. my brother is doing angelsey for the first time in 8th september, is it a good track?

wot car does you brother have, which anglsey track is he doing, cotal is good for the not so high powered cars, its good track tho!
FlamingCorsa

24th Aug 10 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I bet it gets alot of attention at trackdays!

got alot off attention at rockingham mainly cos it was so impressive in the wet,

guy came up and started chatting to me about it and said how well it was doing in the wet, he said i saw u in front and thought i was gonna be past in next few corner then he realise i was actually pulling away in the wet conditions, he laughed!

i said wot car were you in, black and bright orange porche gt3 :-)

the only people who came to chat about the van were people with really fancy cars, the lotus exige guys, lotus 211s people, another guy with porka, no one with hot hatches etc came up! i was quite suprised!
marklawton

24th Aug 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
quote:

wot car does you brother have, which anglsey track is he doing, cotal is good for the not so high powered cars, its good track tho!

seat ibiza, should be pushing about 250bhp. not sure what track hes doing
FlamingCorsa

24th Aug 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
quote:

seat ibiza, should be pushing about 250bhp. not sure what track hes doing

should be pretty good, i spent most of the day on low boost cos was only really one straight that could make use of the vans power!
noshua

24th Aug 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like that - nice power as well...

Smoked rears to match the front?
ianofbhills

24th Aug 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good power gains from the ecu map swap and the handling must be alot better with the whiteline anti roll bar. Lol at the gt3 driver too.

One thing that puzzles me though, how come you dont use the vx for track duty?

Surely the lighter, rear drive set up is better suited to the track then the van?

suppose you dont get the q factor in the vx though.
FlamingCorsa

24th Aug 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Like that - nice power as well...

Smoked rears to match the front?

had them smoked before but never really liked them smoked!

bodywork is bit tatty at the min and could do with a tidy!
FlamingCorsa

24th Aug 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
Good power gains from the ecu map swap and the handling must be alot better with the whiteline anti roll bar. Lol at the gt3 driver too.

One thing that puzzles me though, how come you dont use the vx for track duty?

Surely the lighter, rear drive set up is better suited to the track then the van?

suppose you dont get the q factor in the vx though.

not driven the car with whiteline yet but hopefully it will improve things, want to do front also but it means taking engine subframe also, so may do that over winter with lsd/uprated clutch etc!

the vx would be pretty mental on track with power it has and racelogic! the van was quicker then a standard vx turbo at anglsey!

reason for using the van is that no one expects it to be fast! its also different and no other vans flying round which i like, also its down to money, if i crash the vx it prob would be write off and car is worth 12k dont wanna loose that, if i crash the van it will prob be repairable or could split the van and get money back if came to that

i really wanna try the clio 197 on track cos i already have set of wheels with r888s on ready!
MarkSport

25th Aug 10 at 05:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Prefered this when it was blue
AK

25th Aug 10 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FlamingCorsa

25th Aug 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
I Prefered this when it was blue

i guess u mean this blue.........

and not when it was this blue, i loved it when it looked like this..........

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bit of an update on wot i been doing with the VANIMAL, not posted about it for a while! 22 database queries in 0.0165689 seconds