corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bonnet lifters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bonnet lifters
corsaadzy

User status: Offline
25th Aug 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got some bonnet lifters from corsacentre.co.uk .. it came with 2 self tapping bolts and 2 normal bolts all with the ball in the end for the joint obviously

it came with 0 instructions so im just wanderign if anyone can give me a helping guide on how to fit them eg. do the self tapping bolts go at the top or bottom and do i need to get my own nuts to screw on the end?

Adz
brebaz

25th Aug 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got them ones and they sent an email witht he instructions:

ADDING GAS LIFT STRUTS TO THE BONNET

This job is very easy and anyone can do it, makes the engine bay a lot nicer place to work.

The bonnet lifters will be near impossible to compress by hand, so don't think they are faulty when you receive them. Once they are installed on the car, the bonnet should lift itself up.

REQUIRED TOOLS : 10mm Open Ended Spanner

TIME REQUIRED : 20 mins

1. Pop the bonnet

2. Starting from the left

3. Tighten the top alignment bolt on the bonnet hinge

4. Remove the bottom bolt on the bonnet hinge(that why we tightened the top ones, so the setting cant change)

5. Screw into these holes the strut ends that have the threaded bolt, tighten with the spanner (hand tight, do not over tighten as bolt will snap), don’t forget to use a washer.

6. Undo the third wing retaining screw.

7. Screw the bolt with the self tapping end into these holes( watch out for wires underneath)

8. Push the thick end of the strut into the top fitting.

9. Get a assistant to lower the bonnet down until the bonnet lifter meets the bolt on the wing.

10. Push the bottom end into the bottom fitting.

11. Slide metal clip through tiny holes in each end of the bonnet lifter and secure into position. This stops the lifter from popping out.

12. Repeat on Right

13. Give them a good coat of WD-40

14. We recommend apply a thin layer of grease/rust prevention to the strut ends

15. Stand back admire (please refer to pic 2)

PIC 1

[Edited on 25-08-2010 by brebaz]
corsaadzy

25th Aug 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics dont work mate ... i think i fukked mine up thy were a bastard .. gna order some new ones haha
corsaadzy

25th Aug 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not tht easy to push through the little clips as they say
brebaz

25th Aug 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i done it i put the screw into the lifter then put the clip in befor i fitted them then just used a spanner to tighten them mate
corsaadzy

25th Aug 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yh i can t even get them in .. only one will go in and ive tried everything believe me aha .. o well

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » bonnet lifters 22 database queries in 0.6222000 seconds